PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and yawning

riaros
01-07-09, 17:56
I constantly feel i have to yawn to get a proper breath and it just doubles my already high anxiety levels. always convinced theres something sinister there but i dont have it ALL the time....anyone else feel like that?:huh:

amu
01-07-09, 18:34
I feel EXACTLY like that. :weep: It's horrible, I reckon the worst anxiety symptom of all.

Kerrigan
01-07-09, 20:14
How can yawning be the worst anxiety symptom? I respect your point of view but anxiety brings alot of nasties and I would put yawning way down the list, it's inconvenient thats for sure but it's not too much of a problem.

Except it does go on and on and feels out of control at times. If you're on medication then that explains it because yawning is totally one of the side effects.

On Prozac I mainly just get dilated pupils, yawning, decreased apetite and no sex drive whatsoever!

j2
01-07-09, 20:27
When my anx is high, I yawn frequently cuz I am breathing shallowly. Of course I think I must have lung cancer when this occurs and the cycle gets worse. Be tough and good luck

amu
02-07-09, 05:56
Hi Kerrigan - sorry I wasn't clear, I meant that breathlessness/not being able to take a proper breath/tight chest is the worst symptom, rather than the yawnng itself.