PDA

View Full Version : please help

alwaysanxious
01-07-09, 19:03
hello everyone i havent been on for a while. its been 3 months scince i came off my ciprelex as id been on them 2 yrs, ive been fine off them then last weekend i moved home well im happy im nearer my family its the house of my dreams well to me it is and today i just woke up with massive anxiety vomiting all day and running to the loo 5 times for the other.. is it back???im so scared im going to get ill and wondering why am i feeling like this will it last?? please advice i cant think logical need some one to tell me off make it go away

lisa

Marginalia
01-07-09, 19:12
hello everyone i havent been on for a while. its been 3 months scince i came off my ciprelex as id been on them 2 yrs, ive been fine off them then last weekend i moved home well im happy im nearer my family its the house of my dreams well to me it is and today i just woke up with massive anxiety vomiting all day and running to the loo 5 times for the other.. is it back???im so scared im going to get ill and wondering why am i feeling like this will it last?? please advice i cant think logical need some one to tell me off make it go away

lisa

Sounds like it might be a tummy bug rather than anxiety.

I find that when I get bugs which upset my digestion it triggers anxiety by sort of backwards association (because when I get anxious it affects my digestion - and my brain just seems to link the one with the other now).

(Even if it was anxiety, having one 'hiccup' isn't unheard of - it doesn't mean you're back to having a long-term episode or anything. I call it 'anxiety burps' - a reminder of long-digested food. Sorry if the image is inelegant but I try to laugh at my own anxiety to make it feel silly ;) If I think it's an anxiety-burp then it's my cue to treat myself and make sure I'm not getting stressed - take it easy at work and stuff. Think positive: it's useful to get warning signals.)

Edited to add: ah - I just reread your post and it could be a response to having moved house. Even (or perhaps especially) if it didn't feel stressful, it is still a significant event. So it could be a delayed stress reaction or some worry you needed to get out as part of the settling in process. If it helps, I used to feel nauseous every time when I moved, even though I did it every year willingly when I was a student. I just regarded it as a normal (for me) bodily response. So I feel sure that if yours is due to anxiety you could with this vomiting have been letting go of that pent-up repressed worry, or else it could be just an understandable slight anxiety at the unfamiliarity of your new house, and will subside as you get used to your new environment. :)

alwaysanxious
01-07-09, 19:31
thank you for your reply is desperate when ur sitting here waiting for one,, i think thats its due to the move the stress up to it n the stress after it , plus a new enviroment new house, plus had to get a loan to get the house plus we are having a massive refit at work so hopefully its all that thats caused it today the trouble is you worry cos its been so awfull today and im worrying its back xx

lisa

Marginalia
01-07-09, 19:39
thank you for your reply is desperate when ur sitting here waiting for one,, i think thats its due to the move the stress up to it n the stress after it , plus a new enviroment new house, plus had to get a loan to get the house plus we are having a massive refit at work so hopefully its all that thats caused it today the trouble is you worry cos its been so awfull today and im worrying its back xx

lisa

:hugs: :hugs:

That does sound quite enough combined stress to cause anxiety in anyone (and if that's the way yours comes out, that's just your version of someone else's 'need to go to the pub and get drunk' or whatever). Just be understanding of your body's need to get a bit wobbly sometimes ;)

So yeah, I'd take that as a cue to cosset yourself (read a book, watch tv, buy a present for yourself, have a bubble bath, whatever). Treat yourself, or just do ordinary straightforward everyday things (re-find the familiarity) and take it easy.

:hugs:

Min