PDA

View Full Version : i'm not sure what this should go under..

the8th
10-09-05, 07:23
..I've been diagnosed with a couple different anxiety disorders, but my fears & worries/symptoms seem to be all over the place.

I get worried about drugs, like being exposed to marijuana smoke. It didn't really used to bother me a while ago, but I had a couple really bad anxiety attacks after smoking & it's made me really paranoid about it. It also made me feel incredibly depersonalised for a while afterwards. This was years ago though. I've been avoiding situations where I have to be around it since then. It sucks and I hate it because I know it's the anxiety that it's doing it. You can't get high from it just from being around it for a few minutes right?

vernon
10-09-05, 09:04
Hi the 8th and welcome to the site. I would try not to worry about it as so many poaple use it it must be hard for younger people to avoidnd being near when its used? I tried it once many years ago but it did nothing for me so I just didnt bother again. I have been in pubs where it has been used a lot and it never seemed to cause me no problems. take care Vernon

seh1980
10-09-05, 11:16
hi the 8th,

I can understand that you don't want to smoke it anymore. I used to on a daily basis but haven't touched the stuff for 2 years. People do around me the whole time though but I don't feel an effect off it. I wouldn't worry too much..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

florence
10-09-05, 12:37
Hi there

I used to smoke occasionally in my late teens and early twenties, and like you I experienced this feeling of depersonalisation which I find similar to my anxiety symptoms, not nice, huh.
Since you had a bad experience with it, its normal for your mind to associate potential danger with it , same as any other phobias.

Florence.

*He who loses money, loses much; He who loses a friend, loses much more, He who loses faith, loses all.*