PDA

View Full Version : Tremor/Anxiery

turnthelighton
02-07-09, 09:07
Does it ever go? I have been suffering for some years now. I do have good spells but then it creeps up and everything goes to pot:weep:

I am currently worrying about my tremor in my left hand againg and convienced I have PD or MS.

Went to docs last year about it and he told me not to worry about it, but it is getting worse I am sure. It happens when I hold my arm out straight or do things with my left hand. When it is at rest it is ok?

Am I going mad..................................

LisaLisa
02-07-09, 10:50
No your not going mad you are just focussing in your hand and its freaking you out. I did this yesterday with various body worries and today i woke up and had forgotted i was worried about yesterdays things. Infact obviously having health anxiety i do this all the time. Its frustrated but also reasuring i find that the symptoms and ilnesses hop around, kind of confirms this is anxiety not physical ilness. If you were having a good day you would nt be worried about you hand so, you think like your having a good strong day and try and go with it!! Before you know it you will be having a good day!! Try smmiling when you think about your hand and i bet you mood lightens about it wether you like it or not....Paul Mckenna told me that lol and it really works!!

Lisa
xxxx:hugs:

turnthelighton
02-07-09, 17:57
Thanks Lisa. I have tried to ignore it I notice it more now when I lean on it.

justbananas
03-07-09, 04:35
yes i get this.. when i'm having soup with a spoon or tea the whole thing shakes. anyone else?

turnthelighton
05-07-09, 06:44
Im sure it is spreading now feel it up my arm as well. I think I am thinking about it too much :(

Tink
05-07-09, 17:28
I have this too especially when I am eating something I really need to keep on my fork or spoon and spill it everywhere!

turnthelighton
06-07-09, 18:58
Yes mine is worse when i try and do something with that hand or I when i focus on it. It does not shake at rest but sometimes i feel it my arm when i rest on it. Strange.

turnthelighton
07-07-09, 07:20
Im am sure it is getting worse, I can feel it all time now it is like it travels all up my arm.....Im scared :(

justbananas
07-07-09, 15:39
it is NOT getting worse. one day when i focussed on my arm weakness, my arms started feeling progessively more weak. like when i went to get milk or juice from the fridge the weight of it would almost knock me over. i woke up later in the week and literally smacked myself. i was like YOU ARE DOING THIS. and i forced myself to ignore the sensations. within a few days it cleared up. yes i still get the weakness but it's less pronounced and isn't as dramatic as lifting a carton of milk and dropping it bc it was so heavy. THAT'S ANXIETY. i went to my neuro and clinical exam was normal. you should do the same for reassurance.

turnthelighton
07-07-09, 18:30
Thank you. I know I should try and re focus. I have been of my meds for two weeks as well as I thought it might be through the prozac as I read that it can cause tremors. The thing is I just took myself of them, so maybe that is not helping.

When I am busy or relaxed (need to relax more often) I do not notice it. I will go to my doctor though I have an appt in a couple of weeks and mention it.

I went before about it and he said dont worry. But always in my mind is my mri results, even though the consultant side that my two white sports were not anything to worry about, It always comes back to haunt me.

I am glad though you are doing better.