PDA

View Full Version : Almost afraid to post this!

Elle-Kay
10-09-05, 11:16
I'm almost afraid to post this, in case I can't "live up to" it again [Sigh...], but on Wednesday I took a spur of the moment trip from my home town (Lincoln) to King's Lynn; a type of journey I never thought I'd be able to do again! I think it was about a 120 mile round trip, and it took about 3 hours. I didn't stop at King's Lynn, because I'd kidnapped my sister to go with me (lol!) and she had to be back for work, but I did get all the way there and all the way back, with only one minor wobbly moment when I saw the length of the queue of traffic on the other side of the road on the way down there (i.e. my return route was blocked, and traffic jams are a big no-no for me), to which my sister calmly told me to stop being a pillock, and we'd go a different way home, if needs be (we didn't have to in the end, of course).

The reason for this trip was a "practice run" at driving down to see a friend in Norwich who has invited me over. The reason I was almost afraid to post about my "success" was because I told him I'd drive down to see him today, but I haven't gone (1. I felt wobbly, 2. It's bucketing it down outside, and 3. My dad wasn't keen on me driving a high casualty road that I don't know, in the rain). I've now told him that the weather is meant to be better tomorrow, and so I'll go then instead, and I don't want to let him down, but even though I've made two thirds of the trip this past week, the thought of it is still giving me the heebie jeebies [Ugh] I'm thinking that I might just stir my stumps and go take another swing at a practice run today, if the rain eases off, so I'll hopefully still be on that "high" tomorrow morning...

p.s. I also took myself to the hairdresser and got a new look yesterday, to go with the new me :)

--- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.

jude
10-09-05, 11:24
Thats fantastic Leah. Once you have been there and coped, you know you can do it again. Well done.

A new look! A new you! Theres no stopping you now. xx

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

seh1980
10-09-05, 11:26
[Wow!] Leah great news!! I wouldn't have wanted to drive today either in this weather so let yourself get down about that. You should be very proud indeed!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Karen
10-09-05, 11:38
Very well done Leah. You have done part of the journey once so you know you can do it again. There is no need to do this in driving rain and rather than call the trip off altogether you made arrangements to go tomorrow instead.

So this is definitely a success. Well done.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
10-09-05, 11:47
Thats terrific news and progress and also very sensible.

This isn't about proving you're a superheroine , but about taking steps to improve.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Piglet
10-09-05, 12:47
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thats terrific news and progress and also very sensible.
This isn't about proving you're a superheroine , but about taking steps to improve.
Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.co
<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 10 September 2005 : 11:47:01</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Leah,

As usual Meg is spot on - well done for all you acheived yesterday!!

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

vernon
10-09-05, 13:00
Well done, you seem to be doing great. I don’t blame you anyone with any since would put off a journey in bad weather unless really necessary.

pips
10-09-05, 23:08
Fantastic Leah,

Well Done You. Good luck for tomorrow keep up the good work and POSITIVE thoughts.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

BoxerMad
11-09-05, 22:40
Well done to you leah.
Im the same as you, if i see a trafffic jam i panic more so on the motorway when i know i cant turn round and go another way.
luv
Gem x
p.s good luck for tomorrow.