PDA

View Full Version : should i take proponolol?

alba
02-07-09, 14:28
i am not taking atenolol 25mg, now doc want me to take proponolol 10mg, can i switch back to atenolol, which is milder and which is stronger. i am scared to take, he want me to take for anxiety, panic, and heart beating fast tdy its 96 beat.help, i am also taking cinnarizine

Thumbelina
02-07-09, 15:43
I was taking it but only when my pulse was over 100

Remeber its a P blocker and it slows down your pulse, and at the same time it has an antianxialitic effect. I got rid of it very fast as i started feeling that my BP and pulse because too low.

alba
03-07-09, 09:25
the doctor gave me 10mg (3 times a day) i am scared to take it, is it ok? anybody tried before, my pulse rate is 96 yesterday, i am thinking should i just take atneololol 25mg?what's the difference between proponolol and atenolol?

alba
03-07-09, 10:11
can we stop taking this anytime or are we struck all our life,like atenolol cannot stop can cause heart attack is it true

Mich1111
10-07-09, 15:41
I am taking 40mg proponolol per day as a temporary measure to help with severe panic attack symptoms. It is not something you need to take for the rest of your life. The doctor normally monitors symptoms and increases/decreases medication accordingly.

jon_doh
20-07-09, 22:42
Mich1111 is right..... I'm on 40mg 3 times a day..... my only warning would be as with anything like this..... DON'T JUST STOP TAKING IT!!!!!, i had a really unpleasant few days when circumstance and the NHS's incompetence ran out of mine and couldnt get more till Monday....

All the best!
B