PDA

View Full Version : low blood sugar

marg
10-09-05, 20:57
hi i have had panic attacks for years this last month have been the worsed i have had i have noticed now that i have to eat something every 3or 4 hours i get shakey and feel panicy if i don't i never use to eat breakfast but i make my self eat something i have had a blood test and i am not dieabetic but i am pre menopauseal i am 48 i still have had bad panic attacks during the day and i have not been sleeping very well i was just wondering if the panic attacks got worse because i was not eating regular meals

nomorepanic
10-09-05, 21:18
Marg

Yes they can. You need to be eating regularly.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

EmmaJane
10-09-05, 22:19
Hi Marg

I went through a stage of not eating much and never had breakfast. I felt shaky, paniky etc. Spoke to my doctor, who said it can affect the anxiety and mood swings, if you dont eat regularly. Now I dont stop eating LOL

Breakfast is the main meal of the day, although I must admit, Im not to good at that one yet[:P]

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Karen
11-09-05, 05:27
Hi Marg

It helps to be eating little and often to keep blood sugar levels steady and maybe have six smaller meals rather than the normal three each day. Not eating regularly can exacerbate anxiety and panic.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

carlin
11-09-05, 16:06
Hi Marg,
I too am peri-menopausal, and i have noticed that my anxiety/panic has increased considerably. Also as has already been said it is very important to eat a regular and balanced diet to help all of these problems, sorry i have not been of much use, but i do really understand what you are going through xxxxx