PDA

View Full Version : In Greeting

Shadowwin
11-09-05, 02:25
Today brings about quite a change for me.. it brings me to a public place where other people will read this and I marks the day I have finally accepted the fact I have panic attacks.

I believe and introduction is in order.. my name is Trina, I am a 31 year old female from Buffalo, NY. I have been married for 5 years and together we raise my husbands 9 1/2 year old from his first married.

My panic attacks started perhaps 9 years ago maybe longer and there was a period of time( the past 3 years) where I did not have an attack at all. Just recently they have started again and this time they are far worse than I remember them being the last time around.

I came here because even though there are wonderful people in my life that do try to help and understand.. they get frustrated when they can't reach me...or quell my fears. So I came in search of others like me to chat with and learn from.

I thank you for taking time to read this post I am sure there will be many more to come in the future.
[8D]

Karen
11-09-05, 05:05
Hi Trina

Welcome to the forum. It is good that you have managed to overcome the panics once and you can do it again. What has happened recently to trigger them again?

Have you had any help with therapy etc?

Start by having a read of the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps).

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Elaine1
11-09-05, 07:34
RE: Hope this helps

Hi Trina

I'm really pleased that you found this site. I found it a couple of days ago and have found everyone to be kind, friendly and happy to give some real pratical advice.

You have beaten panic attacks in the past, so will be able to do it again!

What do you think triggered the new ones?

With me, it still seems to come from no where, something I find difficult to come to terms with, although I know I can't handle any stressful situation well, so maybe there lies my answer.

Do you feel your attacks are related to a stressful situation you can pin point?

The important thing to remember is you have beaten this before, so you are made of strong stuff and will do so this time!

All the best

Elaine

pips
11-09-05, 10:30
Hi Trina,

A BIG warm welcome to the site. Well done for accecpting you have Panic Attacks.

Acceptance is an essential role and very importannt. Once you learn to accept anxiety and symptoms etc... hopefully it should get easier.

I do hope this site helps you.

Take Care,

Love PIP'S X X

sueiamnew
11-09-05, 11:45
Hi Trina and welcome to the site.

dream
11-09-05, 13:33
HI TRINA WELCOME TO THIE SITE EVERY ONE HERE HAS BEEN SO KIND AND HELPFULL I KNOW YOU WILL FIND IT A GREAT HELP [8D]

d.white

seh1980
11-09-05, 14:40
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

BoxerMad
11-09-05, 14:51
Hi Trina
welcome to the site.

tracyp584
11-09-05, 15:46
Hey Trina,

A big welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

clickaway
11-09-05, 16:32
Hi Trina,

Welcome aboard - glad you have decided to join us.

We are all here for one another, and I hope that joing our group will do you a lot of good.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
11-09-05, 16:53
Hi Trina

A big warm welcome aboard the forum and lovely to see you here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

tammyg
11-09-05, 18:57
Welcome! I am sure you will get lots of support here.

Tam x

scoobygirl2005
11-09-05, 19:51
Hi.

Welcome to the site, am sure you will get lots of support.

Scooby2005
x x

pinkscrumpy
11-09-05, 20:43
Hiya Trina

Welcome to the site

love

:D

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Meg
12-09-05, 17:54
Hello Trina,

There will be a reason you're experiencing panic again just as you will be able to get over it again.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jill
13-09-05, 12:48
Hi Trina

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

trac67
13-09-05, 13:49
Hi Trina,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make a lot of friends here.
Take Care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

JillL
13-09-05, 15:08
Shadowwinn..If I could I would give you a big hug right now. However I do send one with my thoughts.

Welcome to the forum.

seh1980
13-09-05, 17:30
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

michelleann
13-09-05, 18:29
hi shadowwin
welcome to the site
take care hun
michelle xxx

denise84
13-09-05, 19:43
:)hi and welome to the site, i know you are going to find this site very helpful like i have. xxxx.

dmcgovern

sal
13-09-05, 23:33
Hi Trina

Welcome to the site. Acceptance is a hard thing to do but it is the start on the road to recovery. You will get lots of support here and so many of us understand just how you feel and how hard it is to admit how you feel, but that is the first step and probably the hardest.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Cinders4
14-09-05, 17:19
Hi and welcome.... Im sure you will get loads of advice and support and will probably help lots of us in return by talking about your own experiences.

[8D]

chedda
07-06-06, 10:09
hia and welcome:D
Accepting you have panic attacks it a big step...im new on here but i know you will get all the support and help you can find from a friendly bunch of people all goin through the same sort of thing
take care cheryl xx