PDA

View Full Version : can't stop worrying

littlemissshy
03-07-09, 11:24
I've been having problems with my telephone company, and i just can't seem to stop thinking and worrying over it. I have to wait ten days before i know if the problem is sorted. I've tried keeping busy but my mind still wanders back to the problem, i can't even read a book or watch tv without feeling distracted. I've noticed this a lot no matter how big or small the problem i can't think of anything else. Just a constant anxious feeling.
Is there anyway to distract your mind? I live alone so i have plenty of time to think about it i just wish i could switch my mind off! I just seem to get stressed so easily over the smallest things.
Any advice please?

den68
03-07-09, 11:44
hi littlemisshy
i know just what you mean i get stressed out over everything and my mind keeps going over and over it. Usually the thing im worried about sorts itself out and as soon as thats sorted im off stressing about something else. I dont live alone but that dosnt stop my mind doing its worst. I try to distract myself by sorting out a cupboard or even better anything i really need to concentrate on. It works sometomes and not others, but i find thats the best thing to do. If i find anything that works ill let you know, i will keep trying different things untill i find the answer to it
den68

littlemissshy
03-07-09, 11:54
Thankyou,i know what you mean about always having something to stress about. It's so frustrating, just wish i could be laid back and relaxed!

den68
03-07-09, 12:04
my councillor says in time ill find peace i have never felt before. I hope shes right and i am now keeping a list of things that i can do rather than the things i cant. Today hasnt been a good day stress stress stress over things other people dont even think about so im gonna go and look at my can do list and try to remember how far i have come in the last 6 months
good luck:bighug1:

Rachel424
03-07-09, 13:14
I know that feeling. It's exhausting isn't it? My computer borke down a few weeks ago and I couldn't get the internet on. I had somebody out the following day and he managed to repair it. But in between I was constantly thinking I can't afford to buy a new computer, and I'm not going to be able to access the internet which is one of the few contacts I have with the outside world. It made me sick with worry. The best thing you can do is put some music on or as someone else suggested clean some cupboards, anything to keep your mind occupied with something else. Good luck!:flowers:

littlemissshy
03-07-09, 19:31
Yes sometimes music helps for a short time. At the moment i feel like i'm about to given some terrible news, it's the waiting that i can't handle more than anything.
Thanks for your suggestions