PDA

View Full Version : ok majorly panicking!

tashbarnes87
03-07-09, 20:02
HI all, i was just eating dinner and i have just swallowed a chicken bone maybe this long ------ it just slipped down. It was in my throat and i couldnt bring it up so i swallowed a few times and its gone down. I googled and someone died after eating a chicken bone, worrying!!! am i ok?

Trixie
03-07-09, 21:03
HI all, i was just eating dinner and i have just swallowed a chicken bone maybe this long ------ it just slipped down. It was in my throat and i couldnt bring it up so i swallowed a few times and its gone down. I googled and someone died after eating a chicken bone, worrying!!! am i ok?

You'll be fine, don't worry.

cassy1989
03-07-09, 21:15
As long as its not stuck in your throat you will be fine x

nataliean1982
03-07-09, 21:49
i have swallowed fish bones before, never had a problem...i wouldnt worry about it too much, call a nurse hotline, they can tell you what you should do.

shep
03-07-09, 23:28
Hi,

You have swallowed and not choked on it - right??

On this basis I would conclude that you are digesting it rather than it bing stuck somewhere.

If you have any problems then I would seek advice from your GP, otherwise I would assume it is moving through your system as normal.

Hope this gives you some comfort.
A x

tashbarnes87
04-07-09, 09:27
well im still here so fingers crossed nothing bad has happened. I didnt choke on it just felt it go down my throat, it was sharp but no coughing or anything