PDA

View Full Version : Intense leaps of paranoia about heart stopping

n3r0x1k
04-07-09, 06:56
Hey everyone,

I can barely think clearly right now as for I'm panicking, having ectopic runs (skipped beats) and just contextually: I've had PVC's and panick attacks for 14 years, so I'm used to it, but now, paranoia kicks in sometimes. It's like I was sitting calmly and all of a sudden, I had an immense haunting fear that my heart would stop (feeding on ectopics that I had slightly felt for a couple of weeks now) and feeding on an intense panick that lasted for a couple of seconds then diminshed to a constant one. Often panic attacks have lasted minutes or hours for me, so luckily this one the peak lasted about 3 seconds, but the unfamiliar "behavior" of that panic attack was that it was only fed by paranoia settling so quickly and stong, about "this is it, my heart will stop now" and "if it hasn't stopped now, what is preventing it from stopping and why hasn't it stopped" (as ridiculous as this may sound). Of course, having GAD and acute panic disorder, I have OFTEN had to deal with health anxiety, but not always on a 0-10 (panic and paranoia scale) in a split second. It scares me because I am scared I could cause my own death, and also, maybe my subconscious could be sending me signs of a near death? I know the answer is probably that I am just paranoing and panicking, but has anyone ever felt this unfamiliar quick onset paranoia???

This is driving me mad and scared

BTW, I've been on benzos (Clonazepam [Rivotril 0.5mg - 2mg]) and SSRI's ( Paxil 30mg ) for now 11 years.

thanks for any response or encouragement

and why do these skipped / pre heartbeats often come more often? Well, I don't need a medical explanation, but just if someone else feels them more at some periods, like I can be months without them, and then have them "okay", and other times they're just scary.

I'm really scared. I don't wanna die, I'm just 27 for f***'s sake.