PDA

View Full Version : Like someones squeezing my lungs!!!

xBettyBoopx
04-07-09, 21:17
Hi again!!!

Most worst symptom is not being able to breathe properly. I get different sort of breathing problems with the anxiety but the worst one is tension so bad that it feels like the bottom of my lungs are being squeezed & it's painful!! I've had this symptom all the years I've had anxiety but I still feel even after all this time, that I'm not going to be able to get enough breath.

I know that lungs are muscles and that when I feel tense or anxious, they can get tight too but it's horrible!!!

Anyone else get this? And do you know anyway of getting rid of it????? Long shot I know:blush: :blush:

Thanks
Els

Thumbelina
05-07-09, 07:53
Hi Els,

I have just posted a thread about my breathing problems a day or so ago, trying to find anybody having this issue at this moment.
I also find this symptom as one of the most scariest as breathing is someting like a heart beat that is assential, and when we fail to breath properly it feels like we are failing evertyhign.
It scares me allot, but then I try to start thinking differently and most of time the fear of suffocating of failing to continue breathing fades away.
I also have a mother-in-law who has COPD and i saw her quite a few times in a very bad attack. I know that my fear is in a way connected with that as I am unintentionally experiencing her attacks and get her symptoms.

I had it bad on Thursday night. Hopefully it is connected with my PMS as well now.

L1SA
05-07-09, 15:18
Hi

I have breathing difficaulties to and mine is Costochondritis which can be brought on by alot of anxiety & stress.

Breathing exercises & relaxation techniques can help.

I have an inhaler and massage to help to.

riaros
05-07-09, 16:42
Hi Elspeth

I know just what you mean. I get this all the time and its just so exhausting feeling you have to concentrate on every breath otherwise you think you wont breathe. I have to yawn all the time and it gets really embarrassing. I have had this and anxiety for years and I wishs I could just forget about my breathing.:winks: