PDA

View Full Version : Bit of reassurance please?

NoPoet
05-07-09, 00:07
Hi all, I am staying up late to work on some of my stories, and I have had a really good day. Only problem is I have got a weird feeling in my chest which I get occasionally. It's like a squeezed or stretched muscle feeling near the inside of my ribs on the left side of my body. I know it can't be a heart attack, it's probably something to do with anxiety or pleurisy or bad posture. This anxiety really likes to fight back. I hate health anxiety! This doesn't sound like a heart problem, does it?

nomorepanic
05-07-09, 00:12
It is the heart muscle that needs stretching

Reach your hands out behind your head

NoPoet
05-07-09, 00:16
Thanks, will try that. Only thing that worried me is that I feel a little bit sick as well.. but I've been like that ever since I started on citalopram. If I don't eat bang on time, I feel pretty bad.

EDIT: I should point out I often get pulled muscle feelings or other twinges in the chest area. I daren't go back to see my doctor just to get it checked out because a: I know it's probably nothing serious and b: he has started looking at me like I'm a gimp.

nomorepanic
05-07-09, 00:23
All I can say is you will know if it is heart probs - trust me. It is different to usual anxiety heart pains

NoPoet
05-07-09, 00:25
Thanks Nic. It feels a little bit like a trapped wind feeling now!! I hate anxiety and want to bin it off, health anxiety sucks the grand potato.

nomorepanic
05-07-09, 00:49
when i had acid reflux i thought i was dying the pain was so intense.

I never want pain like that again but it weas just acid reflux.

NoPoet
05-07-09, 12:49
I woke up this morning and my chest feels tense and tight, and my breathing is a little bit weird -- I think it's just a panic attack cos this is how I used to get sometimes before my anxiety got out of hand.

suzy-sue
05-07-09, 13:28
Definately sounds like anx/panic Poet. Perhaps you were having an anxious dream.Practice your deep breathing techniques and lay down and try to relax your body .Relax each part starting from the feet up,breathing in for 7 breaths and out for 11.Do this until you feel more relaxed.This sometimes just happens,its the way you react to it that is important.Just accept ,and let it flow. luv Sue x

NoPoet
05-07-09, 17:09
Hi, yeah I have been more jittery than usual today although I haven't let it get me down. Definitely something to do with anxiety I think. A feeling of tight-chestedness and breathlessness, and I'm definitely in "fight or flight mode" again, my body has been stuck in it pretty much constantly for four months.

I'm not letting it get to me. If I did, I would be undoing all the hard work I've put in to get this far. It's just not very nice, that's all :)