PDA

View Full Version : migraines....

sotheysaid
05-07-09, 01:46
...anyone any advice on what to take for these?

migraleve sometimes works, but sometimes it doesnt. i just dont REALLY believe in all these man-made drugs...theres got to be a natural remedy out there somewhere!!

Liverbird67
05-07-09, 15:23
I would like to know this too, I suffer from occular migraines and I wish I could take something as they scare me something terrible where I live in the press there are loads of ads for things like massage, reki and colonic irrigation that promise to relieve migraine and other stress related conditions I sometimes browse the health food shops looking for something but I haven't seen anything,

I have heard that certain foods aggravate migraines and can cause them I think its trial and error and depends on the individual. I know this hot weather has made me and my 12 year old daughter very headachy.

Hope you find something if you do post it on here

Debbie

suzy-sue
05-07-09, 20:12
The trouble with migrains is there are many causes,Try avoiding dairy products ,alcohol.choc.tea and coffee.I used to get at least one a month and it would last for days .Hormones can play a part in them for women too.I take Midrid ,they make you feel thirsty and a bit spacey tho,but they are the only things that ease it for me. Certain things will work for some but not for others ,as per usual. Suex

Tallulah
17-07-09, 13:41
I sometimes take Magnesium tablets with an added vitamin B6 if you can get it. I have also found if there is a storm brewing it gives me a bad headache. If you eat a lot of cheese that can be a trigger as can chocolate.

librarian
09-08-09, 15:15
I had accupuncture for this many years ago and the headaches simply went - so it worked for me. I had 10 courses - so 10 weeks

NoPoet
09-08-09, 19:52
If you regularly suffer from migraines the first port of call should be your doctor, as he or she can prescribe anti-migraine medication which is far more potent than migraleve.

Most painkillers and even migraleve only make a difference if you catch them early. Precribed medication can kill a migraine even once it has taken hold.

Get an eye test; you may need glasses or a new prescription of lenses. I agree that you should consider allergy tests. Also take regular gentle exercise and try to avoid excess stress.