PDA

View Full Version : Do things ever go away?

alexis
12-09-05, 00:43
A year ago as now I feel I was at my worst and newly diagnosed with this.
I feel now that if I was going forwards I would be posting in success but have not been there enough.
I just feel the last few negative weeks are now going into a month, and will that month turn into months??
lately everything I do,i ve to work extremely hard at and do not feel I am getting far.
I am dreading this week, for more than one reason, one reason though being I have a hospital visit.
I just feel; as if I have lost a lot of my positive thinking, I am sick of this so I have no idea how others feel.

clickaway
12-09-05, 01:12
Hi,

Don't consider what the future holds - its easy to say that the future will not perk up, as I've thought that loads of times.

I can understand you are feeling somewhat apprehensive about your hospital visit, but they are there to care for you.

Just like us.

You are a great asset to this forum - you make many people laugh and you should be proud of that.

R

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

sal
12-09-05, 01:34
Hi Alexis

I understand how you feel and i am here for you. You are not alone hun and however i can help i will.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Karen
12-09-05, 07:07
Hi Alexis

Sorry you are not feeling too good at the moment. You have had a stressful few weeks and this can knock your confidence. However, you have come a long way in the last year and can continue with your progress again.

I know when you have a blip after taking strides forward it is easy to think you are stuck back at square one again, however you have learnt too much since then to go back to that stage again.

I felt myself slipping backwards and actually getting worse since the beginning of this year, after making some progress last year, with the social phobia at least. I know I have deteriorated but only because the anorexia took a greater hold of me. Although I often think I have slipped back on the progress I made with social phobia, I can still talk to the people I was practising with before and I am able to talk better on the phone than I was (apart from when I am avoiding Dad!).

So you may feel like you are slipping back or not getting anywhere but nothing can take away the progress you have already made.

Try to take each day one at a time for now and don't look to far ahead. When you are struggling it can be too overwhelming to look too far into the future.

Remember we are here for you.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Lobster
12-09-05, 08:54
Sorry to hear you're feeling down Alexis, I know how you feel. You try your best to remain positive but things just get too much sometimes and you feel really depressed/frustrated with it all!

I can't offer any magical advice as I'm in the same boat as you (feel like the social anxiety is worse than ever) but what I do try to do is make changes in my life that make me feel good about myself.

Eat well, exercise at the gym if you can force yourself to go outside the house and have something you can focus on when you're at home and have a lot of time to think about your anxiety (ack, not good). I like to draw so when I'm at home (which is quite a lot) I'll do random pictures/comic work to stop my mind from wondering towards negative thought. Music is another great distraction, find something nice and melodic and focus on the melody...I find lounge music very relaxing, the Hotel Costes series is my fave at the moment.

Hope you feel a bit more positive soon, and that you have a managable week. :)

Sax
12-09-05, 09:59
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Alexis))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))

Here if you want to chat!

Please don't put so much pressure on yourself by analysing the 'whole' picture of 'I should be posting in success' becasue we all go through ups and downs and as others have said sometimes we need to reduce our thoughts to just the here and now (not future) and take it all a bit slower and think day to day and even hour to hour when feeling we are not coping so well.
You haven't lost your positive thinking so to speak, I think its just hidden for this moment but it will return but I appreciate you say you are sick of it! How hard for you but there are so many people on here supporting you and willing you on, take all their positive vibes to help you along the way and we are all here for you should you need to post away or talk!

Take care Alexis

Sax xx[8D]

Piglet
12-09-05, 11:19
Think life can be a bit one step forwards etc etc at times.

Try to only live in the day you are in as that's the only one you have any say about really.

You are also heaps ahead of where you were last year.

Big hugs

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

pips
12-09-05, 11:27
Hi Alexis,

Sorry you are feeling bad hun. I understand all night i felt anxious with palpitations and today is areal struggle for me. I have to try and turn things around though and focus on thinking rationally and taking today as it comes. It's so easy to think negaitively.

I over analyise and dwell on things. You must look at what you have achieved you are doing so well. Try not to fight your feelings just say ok i may feel crap and i know your there but i'm gonna JFDI anyway whatever.

I hope you feel better soon hun,

Sending you lots of PMT (POSITIVE MENTAL THOUGHTS!)

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X X X

carlin
12-09-05, 14:30
Hi Alexis,
Oh dear, this is hard work isn't it? I think you have done so good lately, obviously the hospital visit is not helping at all!!!! I have no sound advice really, just take things slowly, get the hospital visit out of the way and then see what's next. Lots of hugs coming your way, take care mate xxxxxxxxjean

Meg
12-09-05, 16:27
Alexis -

I don't think its permenent. I think they're have been reasons why this has been brewing lately.

Try to deal with each of those and take out the positives to dwell on.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
12-09-05, 16:53
Hi Alexis

How are you feeling today. Got your pm, i know you said it was hard to go away and do it, but you did it and i am sure this time last year you wouldnt have contemplated it and i am sure many of us still wouldnt but you did and i think you have done great.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".