PDA

View Full Version : didnt know panic attacks could be so frightening

sunnyspice
08-01-04, 19:23
hello everyone, not even sure how 2 start this except by saying i have started suffereing from panice attacks and i never knew they could be so frightening, my first one happened while i was out shopping with the kids for christams presents for the family we were in woolworths of all places when i suddenly felt dreadful i was hot shaking felt sick couldn't breathe and had an over whelming urge 2 belt from the shop, the kids were busy looking round and i tried desperately 2 keep myself in controll 2 no avil by the time we got to the check out i was in a state shaking crying and virtually dragging my kids out the store, we rushed off kids asking me wot was wrong while i shakely tried 2 phone there dad 2 come and get us when he arrived i jumped in the car gave no explatation 2 him for my state and went home once we got back through my front door i started 2 feel calmer straight away.. well of course i had no idea this was a panic attack so dashed 2 my doctors the next day 2 ask him wot had happened 2 me ..he explained it wa s a panic attack and offered me medication should i need them ...well i accepted thinking oh i will be ok it's a one off due 2 stress of christams how wrong could i be ..as soon as i leave my house 2 do a simply thing as take the kids 2 school the panic is there ...it scares me so much 2 feel this way i dont seem 2 have any controll no matter wot i try and tell myself i know in time from reading these boards i will learn how 2 cope with them ...i guess i want 2 say thanx 2 you all who offer surport and understanding 2 us all xx

wendy

Meg
08-01-04, 19:35
Hi Wendy,

I'm confused ..

Were you not posting with us already last summer as you'd had PA's at home, went to A+E and got diagnosed.

What's been going on with you since then ?

We'll try to help . What aspect are you having most trouble with ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

diana
08-01-04, 23:35
Hi Wendy,

Welcome aboard. You will find loads of support and techniques you can try to help out on here. There are alot of great people here. I know these are trying times for everyone who suffers with this disorder, so you are not alone if that is any consolation. I hope you are feeling better soon. Do keep posting though to let us know how you are getting on with things. Good Luck dear.

Diana xxxx

nomorepanic
09-01-04, 01:04
Hi Sunny

Did you ever read all the replies to your previous posts cos I see that some were left unanswered. Perhaps you could look back on all the posts you made to see that people did reply.

If you need futher help then let us know.

Nicola