PDA

View Full Version : Help!! I'm back after a long time away

debbsi
05-07-09, 14:23
I used to frequent this site about 3 years ago. Anyway I was determined that my anxiety - specificall health anxiety would not get the better of me. I got some help from my GP through CBT and made it through - getting stronger and stronger. So much so I got through my Mum having breast cancer last year (she got through it too - thanks God). Now I am off to university in sept to complete a part time degree to be an Occupational Therapist.

Anyway about 3 weeks ago i had a particularly stressfull 'what if' weekend and now I feel the bugger is back - I feel I am on the slippery slope and feel like I am trying not to fall back into the black hole of anxiety - I will not let it get the better of me ever again - but how to I pull myself out of it - its really hard. I dont want to go through CBT again - I know all the stuff - I suppose I should just try to retrain my brain again. Its so annoying how just one weekend can undo all that hard work - wish there was a magic cure :wacko:

Deb x

Liverbird67
05-07-09, 15:06
Hiya Debs

This must be one of the cruelest tricks that anxiety can play on you, maybe this is just a blip hun you might just have had a stress overload. take it easy be kind to yourself you know what to do chick, remember you have beaten this before, sometimes I wish I had a magic wand to wave it all away but its not that simple is it, remember you have the advantage of knowledge this time around.

Sending you a big hug

Debbie
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx