PDA

View Full Version : please immediate help!!

neelam30
06-07-09, 13:19
i am having an extremely bad day today. i am going to watcg a show that i have put together this evening but dont think i will be able to make it. i am feeling very dizzy breathless and panicky, since yesterday. i was ok yday evening but woke up in a panic (which never happens) at 1am then couldnt sleep as i was so panicky. i wokke up today feeling the same and luckily had a routine gp appt. he is familiar with my symptoms and decided to put me on citalopram which stressed me out so much as i really didnt want to take drugs. i just need some reassurance please, am feeling awful..cant stop crying, i wanted him to do a heart check etc but he says not needed, its just stress and anxiety.
i want to give up..

den68
06-07-09, 13:41
Hi there
sounds like your having a couple of really hard days. The first time you wake in the night with a attack its terrifying and things seem worse when every where is dark and quiet. You may have been dreaming and that could of triggered the attack. Your g.p would have done those tests if he thought there was the slightest chance there was something wrong. If he had said he would do all the tests for you how would you have been why you were waiting for the tests. If your like me and i have done all that having the tests just made me worse because i convinced myself that something serious was going on and they wernt telling me when infact he was putting my mind at rest but it freaked me more. Now when he says theres nothing to worry about im releaved that he dosnt think tests are necessary.
Try to think if he says i dont need tests on my heart thats good because it means its working fine and its my panic symtoms. I know its so hard to do but please try and dont give up. you will start to get better you wont be like this forever.
I hope you start to feel a bit better soon
den 68:bighug1:

neelam30
06-07-09, 13:59
thank you for your reply. i just started crying at work cause i just cant take it!i just want to run away!!!

Rachel_123
06-07-09, 14:12
hey =]

don't give up! remember, the more you stress yourself about being stressed, the more anxious you will get! its a vicious cycle that only you can stop! It's ok to feel nervous about something - it's just a natural response, but don't let yourself feel down because of it. Try today to take a few deep breaths whenever you feel its getting worse. Think about it - you'll only get a panic attack if you LET yourself get one. It's all in your control. Go for a run to burn off all the adrenaline and try to do something that will take your mind of the anxiety. I know you want to run away - but think how great it will feel after your endure the anxiety and stayed just where you are!

I hope you feel better soon,
Lots of love
Rach.

neelam30
06-07-09, 14:30
thanks. i am also finding that i am hungry all the time and it makes me feel worse when i am starving.

den68
06-07-09, 14:37
do you want to run away from anything in particular or the anxiety. I wanted to run away from it all but in the end realised id just be taking all of it with me and being totally on my own would just make the panic worse. So i stuck it out and slowly the days are getting brighter for me. It can be the same for you and it will be. I needed some time off work to come to terms with what was going on with me and i realised that i needed some professional help and my councillor has been and still is wonderful and helps me to see things a different way.
denise

neelam30
06-07-09, 15:26
denise
thanks for the reply. yes, i do have some personal issues which i am dealing with thats possibly exacerbating my anxiety. am dealing wirth these but its hard to change ur life when ur scared of everything.
anyhow, i am going off to force myself to get glammed up fo tonight,
thanks you guys
x

hayley3
06-07-09, 19:26
hiya, i have had another really bad day 2, i always go 1 step forward and 2 steps back its horrible, i feel quite sick as well today, and really tired, i hate the fact that i think there is something wrong with me and everyone is saying im fine, i keep saying, you wont be laughing if there is something wrong will me will you, im living on my own as well at the mo and that frightens me as well, especially when i have a panic attack in the middle of the night i just want to be able to roll over and give my partner a hug and for him to calm me down, but he cant cause he's not here, he is away at work, sorry this is ur problem page and i seem to be talking about me, but if you need to talk im in the same position as you are x