PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia!

Samantha
08-01-04, 18:40
Hi everyone just wonder if other people on hear feel paranoid, is it connected to/with anxiety/panic? Maybe im just losing my marbles but a lot of the time i feel as though everyone around mes taking part in a show, and i am the only one who doesnt know whats going on! Is it that programmes like Big Brother and The Truman show film are influencing the way i think? I become so paranoid sometimes that i actually begin to look for cameras even though i no that i wont find any i sometimes see a little red flash out the corner of my eye and think i am being watched. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?
Sam[8)]

twister
09-01-04, 14:40
It's very common, its called derealisation or depersonalisation where you feel like you or people around you are acting.

Emily

Samantha
09-01-04, 19:04
Hi Emily thanks for replying do you no if there are any ways to block these these thoughts coming into your head, i know that they cant be true but further inside my head i think what if they are?
Sam

Laurie28
22-01-04, 15:43
Hiya Samantha,

I was becoming what I thought was 'paranoid' I would pour my own juice etc in case anyone 'done anything' to it!! I knew that no-one would do it but it didn't stop me.

In the end the only thing i could do was let people do things for me and drink the drink etc. This disproves the theory you have and the thoughts will eventaually go

Lucky

Samantha
22-01-04, 18:37
I am glad to hear im not the only one who thinks like this...lol but I don't mind people doing thins for me its not only this i am paranoid that i am going to be killed, i went through a phase of looking for bombs strapped beneath the car, i would open and close the door before getting in, leave the door open while the engine was started 'just in case'. Just before Christams i was having trouble slleeping and so i scared myself to sleep by thinking that someone was burgling the house and had a gun in my room. I dont no how to stop thinking like this, when something happens that i had been thinking about and when ppl are looking at me i think everythings planned.
Sam

Laurie28
23-01-04, 10:39
Sam,

The best way to deal with these thoughts is don't give in to them. your checking the car etc is only re-inforcing them. if you stop checks then the thought will go away. Try and distract yourself from these thoughts. Sing a song. Anything

Lucky

Samantha
24-01-04, 14:23
Thanks Lucky, i no thinking these things is only making it worse, but next time i get into a car i will take your advice and play Busted, hopefully it should help me to relax
Sam

paul
04-02-04, 18:28
hello samantha ,i know what you mean ,i feel like im in another reality sometimes.i get intrusive thoughts about things.the thing is it shouldnt matter what other people think,dont let them judge you.

i had the whole deluded idea of people watching,but why would they,im not famous or anything so i laughed it off in the end.

take care anyway ,im sure the whole thing will work out by its

paul

Samantha
04-02-04, 19:45
yea i know your right paul,
I know its all in my head and i laugh about it with my friends, its just a really unnerving thought, maybe they just think i look strange lol
Sam