PDA

View Full Version : Hi :)

xxnataliexx
06-07-09, 18:47
Hi im Natalie, Came across this site earlier today when i was in a bit of one of my panicing states! Im 21 and i have suffered with panic attacks for just over 6 months. I went to my GP who referred me to a therapist who was quite useless and blamed everything on being stressed from uni work and just concentrated on me getting my work done so after 2 sessions i didnt return! I have since finished university and seemed to be more anxious all the time rather than having 'attacks' and for a couple of weeks have felt particularly lightheaded and dizzy which makes me panic more which has brought me to here

NoWhereToHide
06-07-09, 19:51
I to have got worse with my anxiety after university, I feel university pushed me to my limits as I was away from home and Living by myself so had no one to run to whenever I felt i could not cope. Write me a message if you want to chat.

Dave

Marginalia
06-07-09, 23:11
Hi im Natalie, Came across this site earlier today when i was in a bit of one of my panicing states! Im 21 and i have suffered with panic attacks for just over 6 months. I went to my GP who referred me to a therapist who was quite useless and blamed everything on being stressed from uni work and just concentrated on me getting my work done so after 2 sessions i didnt return! I have since finished university and seemed to be more anxious all the time rather than having 'attacks' and for a couple of weeks have felt particularly lightheaded and dizzy which makes me panic more which has brought me to here

Haha - I could have done with your therapist when I was 21. I suffered anxiety and panic for the whole of my final year up until the November afterwards.

At the time I was diagnosed with 'free floating anxiety' but I'm pretty sure, decades later, that it was actually due to uni stress and uncertainty about my life afterwards (I hadn't a clue what I would do when I left). My anxiety and panic subsided once I'd settled into a postgraduate course.

But everyone has their own triggers, or for some people it might be hormonal or chemical nature. It's annoyingly baffling.

Lightheadedness and dizziness is a common anxiety symptom. Not that it makes it any easier to bear, even knowing the cause, but perhaps you will take some comfort from being able to talk about it with others who have the same feelings.

Sympathies,
and welcome to these forums,
Min.