PDA

View Full Version : Help - advice asap on when to take CITALOPRAM

Elaine1
12-09-05, 18:50
Have visited a pyschrist for first time today. He has asked me to change my medication yet again. Have gone through several changes now.

Have been taking fluoxetine for 5 days in the morning with a 2mg tablet of diazepam at night.

I'm exhausted now and have forgotten what consultant said and it's now too late to ring GP.

My question is:

Should I take Citalopram tonight the same time as my diazepam or should I take the Citalopram in the morning and the diazepam at night?

I suffer from panic attacks at night. I find although I am slightly anxious in the day, it is the night that gives me the real problems.

Would really appreciate anyone's advice.

tracyp584
12-09-05, 18:53
Hey Elaine,

I couldn't really answer your question for sure, but what I DO know is that, I was taking my Citalopram in the mornings.

I'm not sure where the diazepam stands though- have you not got an out of hours doctors number you could ring? Or even a late night pharmacist you could call??

Sorry I'm not more helpful,

tracy x x

LisaD
13-09-05, 02:44
Hi Elaine,

I know that people react differently to citalopram, but I am on it now, and it makes me very tired. I take it at dinner time, and find that it helps calm me before bed and to sleep better through the night. If you're also finding that it makes you tired within a few hours of taking it, at night would be good. I don't think there is any problem with taking it with your diazepam, and I don't think it matters whether you take it in the morning either (my GP says any time I want is fine)

Hope this helps
Lisa

~Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage~ Anais Nin

basics
13-09-05, 13:55
i was told to take it every morning when i wake up

trac67
13-09-05, 15:35
Hi Elaine,
I was told to take mine whenever i felt it best, i now take mine just before i get into bed at night, and that seems to work for me.
take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Peru83
13-09-05, 21:17
I'm on Citalopram and personally feel that taking them in the morning was a killer, it would leave me drained and useless all day, so now I take them about 5/6pm after my tea so that I sleep through most of the side effects. It's maybe totally phsycological but I find it helps a wee bit and I'm able to get on with the day. I'm still more tired than usual though but atleast I'm not nodding off standing up anymore,lol, :D

Hope this helps

Take Carexxx

Claire

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

sal
14-09-05, 00:33
Think it depends on how we all feel personally. I take it on the morning but took me a few weeks to get used to taking it once i got up but at first took it on the night and it didnt help me sleep. What seems to suit you?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Elaine1
14-09-05, 16:22
Thanks everyone,

Took meds yesterday am, but thanks for your input, am moving it to evening today as it is at night I suffer the most.

Thank you all once again.

Elaine

SWEETP
06-04-10, 17:19
i am 22 in am on citalopram i take mine at nite as i was scared off side affects in doc said tht was ok to do tht