PDA

View Full Version : SSRI's

basics
12-09-05, 19:17
I've just read this paragraph on the site:

"SSRI’s do not appear to create a physical addiction and are not extremely toxic if too many are taken.

There have been lots of news items regarding the safety of these medicines in the last few years. I am not going to address those issues here but do take extra good care of yourself and keep close to a support network when you first go on them and when you come off them and tell your doctor if symptoms or thoughts are becoming more real. These appear to be the most vulnerable times

Whether you take medication and if so what brand, is a discussion that you need to have with your doctor.

Do review any online news pages and make your own assessment of which brand(s) is/are the one(s) most linked to these safety issues. "

I was wondering if escitalopram is one of the drugs with safety issues.

Thanks

Meg
12-09-05, 19:39
If you read down a bit more it talked about the half life period and gave each one.

The meds with the shortest half life are the ones that have been giving most cause for concern.

The safety is referring to ease of coming off them without a huge rebound effect and the raised risk of agression and suicidal thoughts, rather than doing you any traditional side effect harm sort of safety.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?