PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Panic/Anxiety Sufferers!

Joanna1414
07-07-09, 18:39
Hi,

I am trying to get a bearing on my own anxiety and gain insight into others as well, I was wondering if people on here shared some similiar personality traits, which may have contributed to their anxiety...I'm just curious, in trying to figure out myself I also want to be able to understand this as a whole.

1.) Are you a perfectionist? Do you have perfectionist tendencies?

2.) Do you remember being anxious as a child, or worrying about things alot?

3.) Do you feel a lot of this is based on hypochondria? Always worrying what is wrong with you?

4.) When you read about a physical illness or a mental illness, do you get afraid you might get it?

5.) Do people ever tell you "You think too much?"

6.) Are you a Virgo? Just for fun, as I am a Virgo and It has been noted that Virgos are very prone to anxiety.

Thanks guys, hopefully we can all learn more about anxiety through this...

peoplelikeus
07-07-09, 18:58
1.) Are you a perfectionist? Do you have perfectionist tendencies? Yes very much so.

2.) Do you remember being anxious as a child, or worrying about things alot? Yep....always worried and analyzed. Mind you I was abused physically as a child.

3.) Do you feel a lot of this is based on hypochondria? Always worrying what is wrong with you? hmmm.. Would like to think mine isn't but who knows? My attacks are mainly whilst I sleep, subconscious hypochondria ?

4.) When you read about a physical illness or a mental illness, do you get afraid you might get it? Not really no.

5.) Do people ever tell you "You think too much?" I know I do already

6.) Are you a Virgo? Just for fun, as I am a Virgo and It has been noted that Virgos are very prone to anxiety. No Gemini

I do think some people have a propensity to panic disorder but it is too complex to say that only certain types will do certain things as we are all different and have different reasons for our problems. Myself I just cannot deal with people very well and stress knocks me for six nowadays. I am fine in an emergency but turn the heat up (summer), not enough sleep or late nights and give me some family/relationship problems and that's me finished. Panic arrives every time.

Chips
07-07-09, 19:00
I'm a virgo too and can tick all those boxes. I think far too much about stuff and latch on to unanswerable problems which then torture me, such as "what's the point of life?"

I have always lived on my nerves and imagine the worst possible outcome. Very self critical and always testing myself.

xxnataliexx
07-07-09, 19:01
1.) I dont see myself as a perfectionist :S

2.) I have been known to worry about things alot in the past few years but not since i was a child

3.) Only since the whole anxiety thing i have been constantly worried that there is something wrong with me!

4.) I do worry when i here about an illness and consider if i have the same symptoms!

5.) I definately get told i think too much!

6.) And nope im an Aries!

Sorry im not too helpful!

Joanna1414
07-07-09, 19:54
Awesome thanks guys! Let's keep this post going!

I have a feeling this will shine some light on people...

http://www.spiritofrecovery.com/perfect.html

I found this to be really interesting as I am a perfectionist about how I look and appear to others...I am working on it, however, and have some insight into this...

ladybird64
07-07-09, 20:10
Hi Joanna

Seems to be quite an interesting site you have found.
I'm just curious as to the cost involved, I see that an initial consultation is free but after that I'm assuming there is a fee..have you actually used the site yourself and found it to be helpful?

Thanks

Joanna1414
07-07-09, 20:42
Ladybird,

I didn't use the site...I just found the information in the paragraph interesting, that anxiety and perfectionism are married.

I see there is a number to call now, I am wary of stuff online, maybe it is a scam.

~Jo