PDA

View Full Version : Another lymph node, getting terrified!

Kraggy
07-07-09, 21:38
I'm sorry, i know i made a post about this yesterday aswell but I found another lymph node, this one is in my armpit and seems even harder and rougher then the other one! i really need some help im convinced that i have somekind of cancer this one is literally ROCK HARD i'm shaking and sweating all over, this is worse then when my HA started :weep:

redballoons
07-07-09, 21:44
hi
I dont know if this is t i have but i have a hard lump in my neck on the side which moves when you wiggle it!, I have had it for about 6 years though. I did ask the doctor about it once and he just smiled and told me not to worry.

i hope it helps you to know your not alone!
sophie

Kraggy
07-07-09, 21:46
Thank you sophie, I have some other lymph nodes, one that I have had for years aswell that is wiggly aswell, but this one just feels so diffirent, its far harder and it doesn't feel half as smooth.. :(

redballoons
07-07-09, 21:51
I know it probably sounds really silly but i had a major panic about a health issue a few weeks ago and instead of worrying myself silly about it i called nhs direct!.
I think yout lymph node is probably nothing but i know how awful it is to worry about something like this - i came on here tonight because i have pins and needles down my left arm and i am half convinced something awful is happening.

when I called nhs direct it really reassured me that they seemed so unconcerned! and if you mention the anxiety which i did it really helps them talk to you

Kraggy
07-07-09, 21:58
myeah, i made a mistake and took a look at a website that showed what lymph nodes drained what area...since I have the 2 scary nodes now and they both drain the Arm... Since I have a large amount of moles on that arm im literally checken them all up close in bright like squeezing em to see if they feel hard ect ect thinking I have a melanoma that is now spread, I know what I should relax, but its so hard >.<

as for the needles in your arm, I have that very often, especially when im in a panicky state, Heck I have the stingie pin feeling on a certain spot of my upper thigh right now. and vibrating muscles in the lower part of my other leg hehe

Hope you'll feel better soon

redballoons
07-07-09, 22:15
ok i just typed a message and seem to have accidently deleted it while googling lymph nodes

anyway I just read that swollen lymph nodes all over can be cause by infection - maybe you have an infection it mentioned a few different infections but the only ones i can actually remember are glandular fever

BUT it also said that lymph nodes can sometimes be felt under the skin when they are NOT swollen and that not swollen they are generally pea sized - im just wondering if they are actually not swollen just noticable now you are looking for them?

my one is my neck isnt actually much bigger than a pea - perhaps its not swollen after all i just felt it there and fixated on it!

It also said (sorry for the confusing order of the post) that swelling in the lymoh nodes from cancer tends to come on very slowly rather than over a few weeks

sophie

redballoons
07-07-09, 22:20
I forgot the reason i just counted all the moles on one of my legs - i have 23 moles on one of my legs! I have red hair and skin so light its nearly see through.
I have actually worried about them since i was about 14 when we had some kind of pse class where the teacher for some reason mentioned moles, this was long before my anxiety started. I got into the wierd habit then of checking my moles against the end of a pencil! (cant remember if i heard this somewhere or if i just made it up though!) if they are nice and round and dont get much bigger than the end of the pencil i dont worry (or however big they start off!),

this is probably rubbish but it has kept me from having well must be about 50 moles checked out every few months lol

sophie

Kraggy
07-07-09, 22:22
Hrmsh I see, 3 of em were a bit of a relief...except the last one, since I remembered that I already had the one in my armpits quite some time ago, but it felt alot softer back then...it doesn't seem any bigger though...

I got some painfull to the touch pimples on my shoulder/back though...maybe they are causing it? Bit I read that lymph nodes caused by infections are painfull & Soft...these are painless & hard :( Thank you very much for talking ^^

Kraggy
07-07-09, 22:30
Ahh only just read your new post, and decided to give myself a count, I got 26 that I can see on my right arm alone (Same arm as the one where I feel the node in the armpit :P) My skin is very pale aswell (Meh im a gamer, The sun is my biggest enemy! :P) My dad cheered me up a bit in the past though, he said "Pff, you see so little sun even if the chances were high there is no chance that you'll ever get any form of skin cancer" It helped me a bit in the past hehe

redballoons
07-07-09, 22:33
hi

I would think that if it was a major problem they would get bigger with time? I dont know I wish I had been a doctor now - i did history instead what good is that to anyone!

my husband now thinks i am crazy because i have just been feeling his armpits trying to find any lumps

I found a sort of bumpy lump but not hard but not soft sort where the tendons are under his arm is this the right place- i have to say i really dont think its anything to worry about the site i read went out of its way to say how rare it was that swelling is anything like cancer.

sophie

redballoons
07-07-09, 22:36
i also have a bit of a sun aversion - but in my defence i sunburn easily so theres not much point in sunbathing!

I would also rather play a game or to on the computer, wii or ds - or any other thing rather than spend time on a beach.

in the long term i think that my gaming and antisocial evenings are a good thing for my skin lol

sophie

Kraggy
07-07-09, 22:45
Yes Sophie, I think that the bump you feel is actually his lymph node, but mine feels hard which I found scary hehe, Anyways I've got a doctors appointment tomorrow but before that I've got to go to college to make the final preparations for next year, just hope I can relax for that hehe ^^

Kraggy
08-07-09, 14:53
Phew, so i had my doctors appointment today. He had a look, looked at my back and said he saw 2 pimples pretty close to the node, actually the node was sortoff rightbetween him, he told me not to worry and said that it was obviously that the pimples got infected and the node was responding to them.
I felt relieved and forgot to ask about the node in my armpit though...But I guess its pretty much a response to the same issue?

Stressed32
08-07-09, 18:22
Kraggy-
Glad you are feeling better and that your Dr. had a look. HA sure does make us think crazy things. Good luck and try to stop prodding your nodes...they don't like that :-)