PDA

View Full Version : After all this time its back

sal
08-07-09, 00:01
i guess i can only blame myself but came of my tablets to fast as my life is as perfect as i could ever dream of, but bang reality hits and im suffering panic attacks again. After all ive been through i keep telling myself i can get through this again, but i am not convinced.

The only thing that is keeping me sane is that i know ive been through it before and came out the other side but on the negative side im thinking what if this time i cant. Im ill again and i am frightened.

chantelle
08-07-09, 00:20
Hi Sal

I'm going through anxiety/depression for the second time, too. It has lasted a lot longer and feels different to the last time but I am improving and you will too. I am going for counselling and went to see her today. She said that once we accept our situation and stop focusing so much on it, that dealing with it gets easier so that is what I am trying to do. Stay positive - you will get better

Take care of yourself
Chantelle

peoplelikeus
08-07-09, 00:37
Its a blip, same as I have at the moment. It will pass.......be good to yourself.

I feel bad too ...have done for a few weeks.

charlotte83
10-07-09, 14:02
You will get through it again, its the anxiety making you think you won't. Keep strong and take care.

Zotamis
10-07-09, 14:09
Yea, just recently my depression came back full force.

I havent been feeling great either,
hope it gets better for you Sal

sal
11-07-09, 01:05
Thanx for all ur replies really appreciate it. Im here 4 u all 2 Thank u xxxx Hugs xxxx

Lozzie
11-07-09, 08:23
Hi Sal hun :hugs: :hugs:

Long time no speak! Sorry to hear your not feeling too good at the mo.

Feel free to pm me for a catch up, I have so much to tell you! :D
You know I'm always here for you! If you still have my number feel free to txt me aswell.

Take care hun and remember you will get through this :hugs: :hugs:

Laura xxxx

andy123
11-07-09, 10:14
my anxiety has been getting really bad, almost everytime i have a panic attack i think im going to die even though i know i wont. you will be fine, just stay positive and optimistic. seems like this time around my anxiety is alot worse, sometimes i just dont know how to handle it but eventually it pass's, i hope you feel better.

lainey
11-07-09, 15:50
Welcome back chuck!
You know where I am if u need a chat.

Lainey xxx

sal
16-07-09, 23:24
thanx 4 all ur replies, great to hear from u, burryin my head till i feel better, cant understand how i got thru it before and now feel worse with or without the tablets. Missed u loads lainey we had sum great laffs and as for you little sis hugs all the way keep in touch miss you loads and sorry i havent been here for you xxxx

lesleya
16-07-09, 23:52
Welcome back sal....sorry your not too good at the moment, but hope your well again soon.
Take care
xxx

bluesparkle
17-07-09, 09:46
hi sal
missed this thread...
i have recently had a blip...a rather large blip actually so i know what you are sayin...and i thought i would never come out of it again but i have and so will you...hang on in there hun.
i have never gone from this site but i have had to rely on it very much the last few months but all of a sudden i feel good and so will you.

its odd that when the blips are further apart the harder they hit or have we just forgotten what its like.
sorry you feeling rough at the min but it is good to hear from you
rach
x

PUGLETMUM
17-07-09, 10:00
we have discussions on nmp about meds versus no meds frequently - the experts in mental health have known for years that depression etc will only be kept at bay whilst taking the meds, once you stop it returns. the more youve experienced depression the more chance you have of it returning, because your brain has become susceptible to these negative thought patterns and the link between thoughts, physical symptoms and memories is enough for even a fleeting moment of sadness to turn into a deluge of negativity - this is why it is crucial for yourself to find alternative ways of dealing with your negaive thoughts - for me the only thing that has helped is mindfulness practice - the ability to stay in the present moment and to be in touch with your thoughts and physical feeling as they happen and to show yourself great care and compassion.

sal
18-07-09, 01:22
thank u 4 ur opinion I appreciate how u feel I needed med and still do and ive felt so guilty for that that i needed them again. But ,my life is 2 short to struggle on and if i had another ilness who would actually question my needing medication. We all have suffered depression and anxiety at different levels and i dont think anyone is in any way in a position to qoute what is right or wrong. At end of day it is what that individual needs and until u have ben at the bottom who knows what you need. Ive been on the bottom and suffered for months becuase i was told i should never take tablets, eventually i did take tablets and tried loads until i found one that helped me, and it saved me, regardeless of what any one thinks. Im sorry but been in touch with your thoughts and phyical compassion isnt enough when you are rock bottom. If u had had an illness that could only be controlled and helped by tablets wud u say no. I think not. At end of day we do what we think is best for us and no one shud ever critise wot choice we take but only support us. If i could have done it without meds i would have but i had no choice coz i got so ill and honestly dont appreciate anyone that knocks me for that

honeybee3939
18-07-09, 01:39
Hi Sal

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch again:hugs: :hugs: Ive been there many times so can understand just what your going through.

Im a big believer now that if taking a tablet a day helps your quality of life then that can only be good. Ive suffered anxiety for around 15 years 12 of those i spent on medication on and off hoping everytime i came off them the anxiety wouldnt return but it did because i came off them too fast. It took me a good year to eventually wean myself off them and touch wood i have been fine for the last 3 year without meds dont get me wrong i have the odd panic but i can deal with it now.
What im trying to say is that never feel ashamed if you need to go back on meds if they help you get back on track then so be it !:yesyes: If i ever felt i was going downhill again i wouldnt hesitate to go back on medication.

You will get there my friend i promise you that, i never ever ever thought i would but im finally reaching my goals !

Be strong and you will get there !

Thinking of you and sending you hugs

:hugs: :hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Diane O'Brien
18-07-09, 08:27
Hello Sal

Sorry your going through such a rough time. I,ve also had a blip, like u I came off the medication on my own and looking back now to soon. I,m now back on the medication and just now concentrating on getting better. You have beat this before and u will do it again.

Don't feel bad about being back on medication, I came off mine in April, now 3 months later I,m back on.

I wish u well.

Diane xxx

Jaco45er
18-07-09, 08:54
Hey Sal lass x

Sorry your having a rough time at the moment.

If the meds bring your mood back up keep taking them, and I hope you start to feel better soon :)

Jaco
x

sal
18-07-09, 23:20
Thank you Andrea for your post and i am so pleased you are doing so well. Hit a raw nerve when i read my earlier replies. I maybe did over react but i just get sick of people preaching to me that medications is not the way forward, but if i had diabetes no one would ever say that. I feel so much better now back on the medications which is proof enough to me that i need it to help me.

Thanks you and sending you loads of hugs xxxx

sal
18-07-09, 23:22
Hi Diane

Thanks for replying to my post, like you im in the same boat but hun if it makes us cope and feel better we are better and braver people for doing so.

Im here if you ever need a mate.

Hugs xxxx

sal
18-07-09, 23:24
Hi Jaco

Long time no speak. How are you hun? Thanks hun and you are right if i need them i need them as simple as that isnt it. Ive tried without them and it didnt work but i feel so much better now i am on them, so im sticking with them regardless. At end of day like you know how we feel anything that helps is a step forward.

Hugs hun. Speak soon xxxx

PUGLETMUM
19-07-09, 12:23
maybe because you are depressed you took my reply the wrong way?

i have had major depression numerous times in my life, so you cant say i dont understand - you dont know me and youve taken everything i said the wrong way!!!!

what i said was that you will only be free of depression while you are on meds - unless you find another way of dealing with negative thoughts - even the fact you feel ashamed of taking the meds shows how negative your mind set is without medication. meds are essential to combatting depression which is a very real illness - you dont know my opinions on depression? - i am completely and utterly in agreement that depression is a serious illness.

what i was trying to say was that leaders in the field of depression treatment, know that meds only work while you take them, so surely it is vitally important for ppl who dont want to take meds for the rest of their lives to find alternative ways of combatting desrtuctive negative thoughts/memories and associations - i dont know how much you know about the anatomy of depression? but i personally have suffered with it since i was 14, and i am in a high risk group for relapse and suicide - but i will not apologise for thinking that there are ppl in this world who know how to treat depression better than our own gps or mental health teams we may come into contact with - i choose to deal with my depressive tendencies differently to you - i never said dont take meds - i said they dont work when you arent on them!!!!!

hope you feel better soon

sal
25-07-09, 00:49
i appreciate your opinion but we all take different methods to help us I honestly dont agree that meds disregard the probs but without them u suffer again. I came off them too quick and after months of suffering did take them. It is whatever suit sum mite not suit others and no one is here tu judge. I never thought u didnt or havent suffered but how we cope is personal and whatever action we take is wot is best for us. At end of day wot is rite or wrong who cares if it makes u feel beta. Just dont judge wot any individual decides to do

sal
26-07-09, 00:24
i would just like to thank you all for your replies i am feeling a lot better now back on the meds. I no longer feel guilty for needing to take them again, its me and if i need them for the rest of my life, it is no longer an issue to me.

I appreciate what you said Emmas and your comment about they only work if you are taking them surely relates to any form of medication, whether for depression or a headache. Hence why they are on the market to those who need them.

I am by no way negative, with what i have been through negativity would only send me further into the illness. Ive got through it by been positive and with the help of medication and taking the medication is nothing for anyone to be ashamed of. I totally agree that there are other options to help this illness, but medication is one of those options and should never be knocked by someone that did it without it. As i have said before it is personal to each individual what treatment and recovery method they take. If someone had diabetes they would not say i can do it without insulin, they would just accept it. Its the stigma that goes with depression and anxiety. Admit you needed medication puts you further up the list as a failure in peoples eyes, but we all know that is not the case. Whatever we think is best for us we all support each other regardless of what is proven or not proven by doctors ect. Until you suffer as you will know no one actually understands.