PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Chris003
08-07-09, 02:37
Im so happy this sight is here. At the moment Im ok. But I would love to talk/email people in the same boat at different stages. xx

Alexmarie
08-07-09, 09:40
I am so glad that I found this site. I have been feeling so weird. I will give you a potted history (will try not to bore you by keeping it short).

I was on Fluoxetine for social anxiety for 6 years but recently freaked out at the mount of weight I gained (four stone in 6 years OUCH!). So I asked my GP to review my meds. She did and decided I should try Citalopram for the anxiety as it has fewer side effects than Fluoxetine.

That was three months ago. I have lost half a stone but I feel so anxious. I can feel the social anxiety creeping back and I am more and more afraid of social situations. I don't know if I should get my GP to increase my dosage. ( I am only on 10mg compared t 40mg Fluoxetien) or if I should go back to my old meds. Is there anyone out there who is taking Citalopram for social anxiety? If so what dosage seems to work for you?

What's totally strange is that I don't feel myself, it's like I don't know who I am. Thanks for reading.

Alex xxx

den68
08-07-09, 10:26
Hi there
talking to other people in the same boat helps a lot i have found and thats what this site is all about knowing your not alone
denise