PDA

View Full Version : New relationship and more frequent PAs

rocklover
08-07-09, 11:01
Hi all,

Getting very frustrated as my PAs aseem to have made a return recently. I have just started going out with someone who lives quite far away from me and some of the panic is centred around the travelling, which I guess is normal.

But also, I seem to be terrified about hurting this man, he really, really cares for me and I for him, but sometimes, when I am in a panic I find it hard feel things properly. When I am not in a PA/state of anxiety, everything is great and I know that I do feel strongly for him, but I am really worried that the anxiety seems to be clouding my emotions and all I feel is fear.

I hope this makes sense, I just wondered if this is normal, I am really worried that I am weird being like this. I don't want my anxiety to ruin what could be a fantastic relationship. Has anyone else had problems with their relathionships?

Thanks
RL

rocklover
09-07-09, 13:20
Thanks Tet. I do tell him practically everything, he is very supportive as he has experienced bad anxiety and was unable to work because of it. Now he is working and quite positive about things, so that's an inspiration, but also he understands what I am going through and doesn't put any pressure on me at all.

So really I don't understand why I am being so flipping silly about it all lol. I am hoping I will calm down eventually; I have also just had my Citalopram put up from 20mg to 30mg, so I wonder if this is contributing.

RL

Jaco45er
09-07-09, 13:37
Hiya Lass :)

If he has had bad anxiety too, I wouldn't worry, he will know exactly what it's like and not be "confused" by those little funny episodes we have when the anxiety is high.

Maybe you are just getting "happy anxiety". I read somewhere that when we are anxious, even if happy stuff happens, it can manifest itself as anxiety.

The increase in meds might be adding to it, possibly give you GP a call to ask the question?

TC

Jaco :)

rocklover
10-07-09, 09:58
Thanks Steve, yes I know you're right. I feel alternatively excited, then terrified lol, my body doesn't really know what to do with itself. I just don't want anxiety to stop me from living my life, so I am trying my hardest to try and calm down.

RL xx