PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with me

WillyB
08-07-09, 13:57
I made an earlier post about how i got bad anxiety from a bad night out. Well it still hasnt got better. I've realised im getting paranoid about stupid things and its just not me to be thinking them. Its like ive had a complete personality change in just over a week. I cant seem to enjoy anything i usually do, im always worried, tight chest, heart rate increases ect and its making me very depressed. I cant see myself ever returning to normal because ill just be paranoid about the same thing forever, its not right that i should be thinking these things, its just not me ! what the hell has happened?? Im constantly asking myself 'what if what if?' and its driving me crazy.

Sometimes i feel ok for a few hours, not much panic and i feel slightly normal again, but i know what was making me panic and depressed is still there and then i think of it, and it all comes back, theres no escaping it. I dont find anything i usually like good any more, when i listen to my music i seem to think ' do i really like this?' thing is i know i do, ive liked it my whole life but why now amd i questioning it? The only times ive felt like this is when i think something terrible has happened, to a pet or member of family, and i just dont want to do anything or i dont find anything appealing. I just want to go back 2 weeks when i felt normal, myself and wasn't plagued by these thoughts that i just no arnt me.

Is there any medication that i could try that doesnt require a prescription that could help me? i dont really want to go to the doctors as i cant see them doing anything. Thanks for reading, Will b

mike339
08-07-09, 14:05
I related so much to what you have said. I would first off say that any doctor worth their salt will help you. I can have days where I feel great and then others where I could curl into a ball and stay there. I was prescribed propranolol recently and it helps with the physical symptoms. But obviously only a doctor will prescribe that if they think it's necessary. As for non prescription medication I use a herbal drop called rescue remedy which helps quite a bit day to day

Vanilla Sky
08-07-09, 14:13
I found that Kalms tablets ( you can get them from pharmacy and some supermarkets ) helped me , it certainly took the edge of

WillyB
08-07-09, 23:50
Ill try some of those, Thank you. I had a good day today actually, spent some time with friends and feel a bit better.

WillyB
11-07-09, 01:40
Still having troubles. I feel like im not normal around my friends and family, like im acting weird. Its sort of a paranoia, i think ' what do they think of me?' then i try to act 'normal' and i think even more ' am i trying too hard?' this just isnt me. Ive become angry. Ive been similar to this before, very depressed, fear of going crazy or becoming something im not. However this time its worse and more ... psychological and i keep thinking i need help but fear that doctors or psychiatrists will tell me what i dread. Ive found myself acting strange, becoming angry easily and end up hitting things or try to calm myself down so i dont end up taking my anger out on things. I contemplate if i am being normal or if my brain is telling me to do things or enjoy things that i dont really. Like when i listen to the music i have loved my whole life i now sit thinking do i really like this or am i trying to like this to return to normal? Its hard to explain, i just wish i could go back a month when i felt myself, but now fear this is it, never will i be able to feel the same.

Has anyone ever had similar experiences ? please share