PDA

View Full Version : what now?

bj2
08-07-09, 20:41
I have suffered from anxiety for 10 yrs. I have been to drs and have had blood work drawn and b/p checks and i am always fine. I have been put on lexapro and have been on it for about 2 wks now. Over the lst 2 days i have been haveing this pain in my upper abdomin between my ribs, like a big ball stuck. it comes and goes especially when i begin to think about it. im sure that it is just indigestion but i freak out about it. then my mind lets me start feeling all kinds of other symptoms. ughh im so tired of this. does anyone else have this pain due to anxiety and stress:scared15:

bottleblond
08-07-09, 21:08
Hi bj

Yup hun! Anxiety can have so many other symptoms, alot of which can be felt as indigestion pains, wind pains and such like.

Have a look under our 'Symptoms' section on the left hand side of the forum.

Take care
Lisa
xx

jill
08-07-09, 22:51
Hi hun :D:hugs:

:welcome: to the site.

When I was acute, I had this alot, Mmmm, still get it from time to time with combination of stress and not enough sleep, this is when in kicks in for me these days, ohh it can be painful.

I myself put this down to (of course stress related ) but a combination of a few things happening, wind, which causes pressure, this in turn makes me tense up, muscles go tight and ohhhhh boy, the golf ball feeling.

What helps me when it happens is to go and listen to my relaxation cd, or lay on the bed and do my breathing, to help me relax.

Allthough this is very unconfortable, its harmless, the more you tense up the worse it feels because when your tense your helping it stay there. The muscule goes into a knot, which makes it feel like there something stuck there, hence, golf ball.

Hunny, please take time to look around this great site, there is lots of great info, not just on threads but behind the site too, there is first steps, how to cope which is a great read, its located on the right hand side of your screen, lots of other info there too.

YOU ARE NOT alone, there are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILL XXXX