PDA

View Full Version : Post Op Pain...

Trish
08-07-09, 23:12
...i'm so sorry to be a pain in the rear to you all, but i'm in so much pain:weep:

I had my Gallbadder removed 8 days ago with keyhole surgery....i wish to God i hadn't:blush: Yesterday and today i have developed a really bad pain where my liver is, i know the gallbladder is near there but i'm having thoughts of them doing damage to it during surgery.

If i cough i'm crippled by it, i'm taking painkillers which only take the edge off it, but it's there contantly really.

Is there anyone who has gone through the same op relate to this?

I've seen a gp who wasn't my normal gp and he more or less said 'it's normal' but if that be the case why didn't i have it straight after i had it done?

Sorry to rant:blush:

Trishx

nomorepanic
08-07-09, 23:15
You could ask for stronger pain killers.

I had to have oral morphine cos I was in so much pain with the Crohn's.

They never offered it but I insisted they gave me something lol

Trish
08-07-09, 23:32
Hi Nic

I do have Tramidol here, that was given to me when i had the gallbladder flare-ups, but i've not taken any as yet. I took 2 paracetemol at 9.15pm would it be ok to take a tramidol now do you think?

Trish x

nomorepanic
08-07-09, 23:33
I have Tramadol and they said it works best when taken with paracetamol.

So take 2 paracetamol and 2 tramadol and see how that goes.

Trish
08-07-09, 23:40
Thanks Nic i'll do that now:)

on another note Nic today i purchase a MP3 download called Sleep Relaxation...I have the email for 48 hours and i'm wondering if i could post it on NMP to help others....or would that be a copyright issue?

Just a thought!

Thanks

Trish x

nomorepanic
08-07-09, 23:43
can u send me the link or whatever and I will look into it - thanks

Trish
08-07-09, 23:46
yeah of course i can...what is the email addy Nic?

Trish x

nomorepanic
08-07-09, 23:52
nomorepanic@btinternet.com

Trish
08-07-09, 23:57
Nic i have forwarded you the email.

Trish x