PDA

View Full Version : It's just one bloody thing after another...

pd
09-07-09, 00:00
Does anybody else find that as soon as their mind is put at rest about one problem, another seems to develop almost straight away?

At the start of this year I had pain in my chest, low down on the right, I thought it was something to do with my liver. Turned out I had inflamed rib cartiledge, painful but not dangerous. I'm pretty good about things like that, once a doctor has told me there's nothing to worry about I can accept it, but then something else develops almost straight away, like the same day it seems. Since then I've convinced myself about having meningitis, stomach cancer, cervical cancer, lung problems, heart problems etc.

I've just recovered from swine flu, which took over my HA for a few days because I convinced myself I'd be one of the tiny minority that didn't get better, and then I realised that all the other health worries I had were gone. Now I'm practically better from the flu, and something else has started!

I've got a sharp shooting pain in my lower leg, just above the ankle on the outside, I don't remember hitting or twisting it and I'm scared of either the big C or a blood clot or something.

It's just one thing after another and I want to know if it's ever going to stop. :(

Sorry for the loooong post.

Kraggy
09-07-09, 00:13
Pd, I know exactly how you feel...If my fears were true, then since march this year I've had Testicle cancer, Melanoma, lung cancer, pancrease cancer (Spelling?), stomach, bowels, kidneys, brain tumor, MS, Oral, throat and probably quite few i aint even remembering.

I currently have shooting pains all over my upper back, all over the back of the ribcage so to speak, and im doing my very best not to think about lung c, luckely I went to the doctor today and had a nice conversation. ^^

I did realise though, the more time goes by, the less frequest & heavy the fears become, and im learning how to cope with them more and more ^^

I hope it will be the same for you!

moore
09-07-09, 07:55
YES!!!

why is it that we can go months maybe years with nothing..

then its like a "bout" of HA where one thing comes after another.

I guess its because it's like a self-perpetuating cycle isnt it!?

Did you actually have swine flu? How was it?

agingwuss
09-07-09, 08:43
Oh, yes, yes, yes!!! The minute I get a test result or manage to realise that the symptom[s] I've been panicking about are either anxiety-related or what everyone feels my horrible sub-concious mind comes up with something ELSE!
Isn't HA rotten!:mad:

pd
09-07-09, 13:01
Thanks for the replies :)

Feeling like I'm going crazy at the moment and it's never going to stop.

I did have swine flu, still recovering, it makes you feel really unwell for about a week, and the antivirals can make you sick :(

Not nearly as bad as I expected though, I thought I would die!

june
09-07-09, 13:22
It's just one bloody thing after another...

Oh how i agree with that statement!!
I am having chest pain and giddines and nausea at the moment:ohmy: each one causing its own fear /:ohmy: panic.
I am so terrified of meds (written elsewhere) and the chest pain......... in the calmer moments - i can actualy touch the part of the rib cage that hurts.
but the giddiness and nausea is awful.
I am sure i have had all these symptoms before - but i am still very very scared.
June

moore
09-07-09, 13:44
I am sure i have had all these symptoms before - but i am still very very scared.

That's a familiar scenario too.

"I've had this before I think..ages ago. It wasnt THIS bad though I'm sure..this time it must be something serious.."

I've had HA all my life I think - hard to imagine how I would be without it?! You'd have thought I'd have come to live with it by now but, oh no..lol.

june
09-07-09, 14:37
That's a familiar scenario too.

"I've had this before I think..ages ago. It wasnt THIS bad though I'm sure..this time it must be something serious.."

I've had HA all my life I think - hard to imagine how I would be without it?! You'd have thought I'd have come to live with it by now but, oh no..lol.
Not being flippant - how does that saying go?????
""been there, done that, got the T-shirt"""
kraggy been there too.....
pd = Feeling like I'm going crazy at the moment and it's never going to stop.
the trouble is no one believes me when i say how i feel "" oh thats just you """" OR ""don't you ever stop moaning??""
SSOOOOOO if you are anything like me you stop telling anyone (except the doc) how you are feeling... that makes you feel worse because it is all bottled up...
June

sMINT
09-07-09, 15:26
Im currently in this stage now. I get something 'wrong with me' or so I think then forget about that in a week and its something else the following week.

Week in week out I'll guarantee you ill have something else wrong with me. Its driving me mad.

Last week it was dust allergies

The week before it was EMF radiation exposure

Before that it was pain/aching legs.

Grrr.

Tink
09-07-09, 21:01
I am the same as Kraggy in last few months had cervical, breast, lung, stomach, bowel cancer, liver and kindey disease, MS, brain tumour, heart problems and leukamea. Thats alot for one person!!!
Now I am flitting between skin cancer (obsessing over moles), bowel problems and liver disease!!

daisycake
09-07-09, 21:04
I can relate to that; like you say as soon as I stop panicking about one thing another starts! In the last week I've gone from a mole under my right arm to a lump under the left; and then back again! Just keep hoping that someday soon I'll be able to overcome my worries and go back to the person I used to be!

lesleya
14-07-09, 15:51
Can i ask what symptoms you had pd?

randomworry
14-07-09, 16:27
hi OP your right my list of ailments since 2005 to now goes like this with no gaps in between (result!.....lol)
skin cancer->transient ischaemic attack->HIV->melanoma->schizophrenia->dementia->parkinsons->colon cancer->undiagnosed brain haemorrhage!

i think worrying must serve some underlying psychological purpose i dunno....anyway still trying to get of the rollercoaster.

all the best

randomworry
14-07-09, 16:34
when does your obsession change just asking everyone cos that may be the key to breaking free is it when a doctor says your fine or do you gradually get over each one?

pd
14-07-09, 18:19
Swine flu was just like regular flu with a cough.

My obsession changes constantly, usually when a doctor tells me I'm fine, I'll go home and think that's it, but usually I'm obsessing about something else within 24 hours.

june
15-07-09, 14:23
My obsession changes constantly, usually when a doctor tells me I'm fine, I'll go home and think that's it, but usually I'm obsessing about something else within 24 hours.
:blush: Ditto:blush:
The roller coaster keeps on going
June