PDA

View Full Version : belly pain!!!help

panicagain
09-07-09, 07:56
I was doing so well and now this:( I was woke up with cramps in my belly so i came on here and i looked at ibs symptoms, it says ibs shouldn't wake you from sleep! So now i'm convinced its something else like cancer of course:weep: Its a sharp pain that kinda moves around alittle in my belly, i'm trying to convince myself its ibs but i'm not convinced, i'm more convinced its cancer:weep:

moore
09-07-09, 07:59
who says IBS shouldnt wake you from sleep?
I usually find in a bout of IBS I wake up with belly pain/cramps as you describe its simply all the erm, trapped wind, that hasnt been moving around while you're asleep.

have you been diagnosed with IBS?

lying on your left side and curling up into a ball for a few minutes might help shift it.

Cococj
09-07-09, 08:12
This idea that IBS shouldn't wake you up is frankly ludicrous.

I have IBS and have suffered with it for years and when it's at its worst it'll not only wake me up but keep me awake for a while. In fact those cramps are often the worst and I've read that "IBS pain won't wake you up" myself several times and originally it worried me too, but sadly it's not true, it can and will wake you up in pain.

I can't give you any practical advice on how to solve it, as I mostly just wait til it passes then nod off again, if it takes its time then I'll read for 20 minutes or get up and go for a little walk round the flat til it passes then head back to bed.

You're not alone in this and worrying about it won't make it any better, it will pass and you can get back to sleep :)

panicagain
09-07-09, 08:31
Thank You SO Much:hugs: I still have the pain but your responses makes me feel better mentally. I've always read and been told that ibs shouldn't wake you from sleep. I was diagnosed about 15 to 20 yrs ago as having ibs and my dr always told me it wont wake you:mad:
I'm sorry y'all are suffering as well but i'm glad i have someone that understands:hugs:

agingwuss
09-07-09, 08:40
Please please don't worry. My partner [who wouldn't consider he suffers from IBS] frequently gets woken up by what he calls "toilet pains". We've been together for 30 years and it's always been like that. I think if it was a sign of something horrible he'd have been in hospital by now!

littlewren
09-07-09, 11:35
Hi there,
I have had sharp pains in the belly that have taken my breath away. I've been doubled over in agony. And...it's just wind. Amazing how much it can hurt, but that's all it is.

moore
09-07-09, 13:34
Please please don't worry. My partner [who wouldn't consider he suffers from IBS] frequently gets woken up by what he calls "toilet pains". We've been together for 30 years and it's always been like that. I think if it was a sign of something horrible he'd have been in hospital by now!

lol @ "toilet pains". I'll remember that phrase - will come in handy!

And yes of course IBS can wake you, I mean..cmon...its like saying someone sitting on your stomach won't wake you. lol.

agingwuss
09-07-09, 15:08
Oh, my partner's bowels are an endless course of interest & amusement to the world. One evening we were out with a group of friends and he went very quiet & looked uncomfortable. I asked what was up & he came out with the deathless phrase "Tum-tum go Wub-wub"!!:blush:
Who needs kids when you've got a 50-year old toddler?!
[And the lucky git has never suffered from HA! Tho' he does have OCD so I suppose I shouldn't be jealous.]