PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam

zerocookie
09-07-09, 10:38
Hiya, just looking to get a bit of perspective.

How many of you take diazepam? What doseage and how long have you been taking them for?

Thanks =D

anx mum
09-07-09, 10:41
Hiya, just looking to get a bit of perspective.

How many of you take diazepam? What doseage and how long have you been taking them for?

Thanks =D

Hi been on diazpam probly 8 months my highest amount was 15mg a day im now down too 2mg a day. Can make u drowsy

zerocookie
09-07-09, 10:48
I had 5 days in an absolute mess a few weeks ago and was taking 3 x 2mg a day, I dropped that down to 1 x 2mg every few days, now I take one a day in the morning since I returned to work last Monday and seem to be doing OK on the whole, trouble they run out at the end of the week and I don't want to end up back at square 1 on Monday. The doctor will prescribe me more wont he? I feel I'm strong enough to take them in moderation and not become reliant but I don't want to go backwards while I wait for my CBT (which I might add is taking ages to be arranged! 2 months wahey)

babydoll_shirl
09-07-09, 11:07
not to sure huni the doctoer like you put me on 2mg 3 times aday and was only aloud to keep me on them for 2 weeks as they are very addictive but i found myself in a real mess afterwards because i found they realy helped me and had to start over but without them talk tto your doctor and see what he surggests all the best shirl x

peoplelikeus
09-07-09, 11:44
I take diazepam 2mg on an "as and when required" basis.

I only take one when I have a panic attack.

Its the ONLY thing that works for me I'm afraid.

Rachel424
09-07-09, 15:48
My doctor prescribes me 5mg on an as needed basis. I try and take only when I'm really anxious or having a panic attack.

zerocookie
10-07-09, 12:33
Thanks guys, I'm currently taking one a day, I've decided that I've taken my last one this morning, going to carry on with the weekend without and start a fresh on Monday morning, fingers crossed I'm be free of meds!

Thanks again x

kazzie
18-07-09, 21:58
I have 5mg on a when needed basis but a 28 pill prescription lasts me months as Im mostly better now.....tend to take them when work is stressfull

Kaz x:)