PDA

View Full Version : i might of stumbled on the answer

lonely
09-07-09, 13:21
i really really hope soo, went to gp checkup appointment with other gp mine away, and i requested to see a dietician for my eating problems, as i went to eating disorder clinic yesterday and hated it it wasn't for me, let alone the nightmare journey, they didnt do my dietician referral i wanted, but i still have the number from a few years back,
they phoned the clinic (which is actaully just another gp surgery :wacko: ) just mile and miles away, and spoke to them, they on about ohh if she dont want to come we rearrange another date for next week :wacko: so i sat getting more worked up and in tears i couldn't breathe, my app was 9.30am i waited for the f2 gp i had to speak with other gp,
i asked if i could have a drink supplement to help not sure if get it though as nothing was on my prescription unless they have order it and wait?

i kept saying i didn't want to go back to this place, even though they say i can use patient transport, i hated it yesterday sitting there looking at anorexic people and seeing how they were in reception

the f2 then said i could go and let me go in such a state that i only got 2 gp doors away and broke down in tears outside a storage room and stood in corner, unable to breath through crying, a nurse came out of room opposite and saw me asked if i was ok i said yes, when they came back they said no your not ok have you seen a doctor said yes, they took me in there room for bit to try calm me down, said i shouldn't of been allowed to leave in such a state
i mentioned about things and they understood more, saying they think its the pressure being put on me by them thats making me worse, and i can always see them for a chat if i needed as they have keen interest in the area of concern i am in and see a similiar patient
i explained i had been frightened into going to eating dis... place in first place by pshychiatrist who said if i drop to this weight id be admitted, which he cannot really do looking at things but i was frightened

i see my regular gp monday and will mention i saw the nurse practitioner and if it is ok if i keep a food diary of progress and see her rather then go to the eating disorder place, with it being there main interest area

if i hadn't have stopped in that corner where no one else could see me i maybe wouldn't have had this chance

Veronica H
09-07-09, 13:32
:yesyes: This sounds like a positive step for you and one which you will be able to manage yourself without feeling pressured.
Let us know how you get on.:bighug1:

Veronica

lonely
09-07-09, 14:18
:yesyes: This sounds like a positive step for you and one which you will be able to manage yourself without feeling pressured.
Let us know how you get on.:bighug1:

Veronica

thanks it made me much more calmer when they said it was there main area of interest, after f2 gp saying we cannot help here as dont know what to do in that area
and that there was actually one member of the healthcare team that noticed i shouldn't be left in such a distressed state made me feel better

RosieXXX
09-07-09, 15:46
Hello lonely,

the nurse practitioner sounds very caring and understanding of your problem; it would be great if you could carry on seeing her. What a difference it makes when you feel you can relate to someone, I am sure you will be much happier under her supervision. Do hope all goes well for you on Monday - keep us posted so we know how you are getting on.:hugs: