PDA

View Full Version : So I had the Doc last night...

daisycake
09-07-09, 19:37
And she is understanding with the anxiety and has said she'll photocopy a load of booklets for me to look at, I'm going down to pick them up tommorow. Whilst I was there I asked her to check a lump under my arm - which I've already had a mole removed from; there's a lot of scar tissue there but this lump is new I think. She felt it, I think, but she could have made a mistake? And she said she doesn't think it's a lymph node because you can feel it and see it I think but because of all the scarring it's hard to tell - and I have been like squeezing it a fair bit, probably not the best idea - on the skin's surface but then she said it could be scar tissue - surely it would have been there a long time then, if it was scar tissue, since I got the mole taken out in 2006/2007! It's kind of pea sized and it's hard but has like a tubular thing behind it- which makes me think it is a lymph node. I wish I could trust my doc but I can't, I'm convinced she's got it wrong - and that makes me feel awful because she's a genuinely really nice person. What I want to do is when i go down tommorow make another appointment and tell her I'm still worried; but that'll make her think I don't trust her. I'm convinced I've got some kind of cancer though and I'm so worried! Please help? :sad:

RosieXXX
09-07-09, 20:41
Hello daisycake,

It is good you have made an appointment to see your doctor and that she is so understanding. I am sure your doctor is certain the lump under your arm is nothing to worry about; It sounds like you have irritated the area with all your squeezing. Unfortunately health anxiety makes us mistrust what the doctors say, and if you are still worried about it I think you should ask her to take another look, just to put your mind at rest. She realises you are suffering from anxiety, so I think she will be perfectly understanding.