PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone.....

SINGLE_DADDY
09-07-09, 20:26
My name is Bo and I am 34 years old. I live in Atlanta Ga.(USA) I am a divorced single daddy with 2 daughters ages 11 and 8. I have been suffering panic attacks and terrible anxiety since 2003 when my (ex)wife left us. It all went away after about 5 years but has recently come back and worse than ever. I feel like I will die anyday. I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism back in March. I am on Synthroid for that. But I cannot seem to shake the thought that something else is wrong. I have had my heart completely checked and have been told it was healthy and this was by one of the top Cardio Docs in Georgia. I always have a worry, or a dread, I have chest pains alot and dizzy spells. Sometimes I get minor earaches and my armpits hurt. I have been to 3 doctors and they all say I am just a worry wart. But I try to explain to them its not funny when you wake up at 3am tingling and having the sensation that you are about to die. I am also taking Buspar and it only make me sick to my stomach. My little girls need me as I am their mommy and daddy but I just cannot kick the thought that something is wrong with me and I will die soon. These worries keep me up all night and I just feel so sick and so unhappy all the time. I am sorry I got so long winded but I need to know what is wrong with me. If I dont I am gonna lose my mind. I just dont feel like a normal person anymore

suzy-sue
09-07-09, 21:19
Hi Bo and:welcome: to NMP. You sound like you have Health anxiety .Theres lots of members on here that suffer like you,You will get lots of help and support here .Glad you have joined.Take care Suex

Veronica H
09-07-09, 21:52
:welcome: Bo. Glad that you have found us.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can not recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. This will get better.

Veronica