PDA

View Full Version : im really panicing (emetophobia)

sweetypie
09-07-09, 20:38
hiya guys sorry for the moan but im sat here shaking
i go on facebook and seems about 3 people from the little village i live in are vomiting (bug related i think)
and omg i got some chips from the local chip shop yesterday so im convinced i might of picked it up
i keep getting these pains in my stomach thinking iv got a bug
im so scared theres a bug out there which possibley there is but like them what come at winter can any one reasure me i wont pick a bug up from a bag of chips i refuse to ever eat out again my partner and family have made me realise im worse when iv eaten out so thats it no more take away food for me
its gettin closer to autum as well which that is bug season but thats when i shut my self away till march thats my sad lil life planned and iv got two children and i dont no how i can be such a failure to them and my family and partner im just so scared that tonight i will be sick from a bug why am i so scared

bottleblond
09-07-09, 21:19
Hi Sweety

I can understand your fear but that fact that you had the chips last night and are still well says alot.

I honestly wouldn't worry hun

Love Lisa
x

doodah
09-07-09, 22:22
Hello Sweety,

I agree with Lisa - I'm sure all will be well. I don't know about you but if someone around me comes down with sickness/bugs etc (even my daughter's dogs!) I start getting the same symptoms even though I haven't got the bug!:blush: It's not intentional with me, it's always happened!

Try to stay positive - you'll be fine, honestly.:hugs:

Wendy

PS: I'm trying not to read health-related stuff on the internet and have even stopped watching all the doom and gloom on the news - they could put the fear of God into anyone couldn't they - grrr!!:huh:

nomorepanic
09-07-09, 22:36
Rather than worry about it why don't you try and get some treatment for it?

Have you tried anything so far?

Angelai
10-07-09, 00:37
We DO know how you feel, sweetypie :hugs:

There has to be something that works!!! I'm still on the waiting list for CBT, if I ever start I hope to be able to offer you something constructive. In the meantime, don't give up xxx

maeanna
10-07-09, 14:22
Heya,Try and look at it positively and plz try not to worry hun coz ur stomach pains are likely to be caused by anxiety! Last yr my whole family got a bug and yet i never ever got it! Its so unlikely ul pick up a bug from the chip shop because the people working there dont usually touch the chips coz there too hot and its not hygenic!
Plus i dont know about you but coz im Emetophobic with mild ocd i am constantly washing my hands or using anti bacterial gel which is prob why i rarely get ill!
I hope ur okay and i know how u feel especially in autumn and winter coz i shut myself away too! Best Wishes xxx

sweetypie
10-07-09, 19:58
im having cbt at the moment two sessions so far hes hopin by the 6th session i will be better but not getting my hopes up
my daughter was sick last night but wasnt from a bug has it was only a little bit shes really mardy and makes her self with cryin if she doesnt get her own way which makes me panic more she has a water infection so atm shes at her dads as she goes for the weekend
thank you guys for the replys means alot thank you my panic is not has bad tonight.... some days il just think if im going to get it im going to get it theres nothin i can do about so i do have some posative thinking inside this head of mine lol:yesyes:

shoogashooga12
11-07-09, 00:01
but im sat here shaking
same happens to me when i'm having a panic :mad:

i go on facebook and seems about 3 people from the little village i live in are vomiting (bug related i think)
is that really that many people out of a small village though? not being horrible! i think that's quite a small number for the whole village, if that stops you worring so much:)

and omg i got some chips from the local chip shop yesterday so im convinced i might of picked it up
from chips? i think chips would be fine as long as they are cooked through and..yeah. i'm sure you can't get poisoned from chips

i keep getting these pains in my stomach thinking iv got a bug
that will be becuase you've got into a state about it. it will just be nerves or from being scared, i have done it to myself plenty of times. i know it isn't good thiough, it might just convince you you actually have the same thing as them (which i am sure you don't!)

why am i so scared
often have asked myself the same thing! :weep: it is irrational, remember.

Please try and calm down though. I am sure you will be okay, have a hug, you need one!:hugs:
xx

TomMonteith
20-07-09, 23:34
i have a really bad case of emetophobia, if u want to talk to me please elase please email me on Tom.1610@hotmail.com (Tom.1610@hotmail.com)

i would really appriciate it if i could talk to some1 about the same feeling http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/exceptional/frown.gif please please please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!