PDA

View Full Version : gem wants to say hellox

Sensitiveshygem
10-07-09, 03:36
:)

Hello
My name is gem (gemma) but prefer gem I am 31 years old this saturday hum such a achievement. I have suffered from social phobia also known as social anxiety disorder for most of my adult life i will avoid all social interactions and meeting new people. I also suffer from mild depression and low selfesteem. I can have the ocassional panic attack also.

I have come here to get some support and maybe make some friends along the way as at the moment i am feeling very lonely as my family really dont understand my needs and really dont understand whom I am.

I just really wish I had someone to talk too and someone who appreciates what its like to be like myselfx

pollyanna
10-07-09, 10:03
Hi Gem

Glad you found the site, there are plently of people here who will understand how you are feeling and others will be in the same situation as yourself.

take care

P x:flowers:

Veronica H
10-07-09, 11:47
:welcome: Gem. Glad that you have found us. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can not recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. This will get better.

Veronica

doodah
10-07-09, 12:42
Hello Gem - you've chosen a great site to be part of. I'm sure you'll find lots of friends and support here.

Oh ..... and Happy Birthday for Saturday toooooooo!!!:yesyes:

Wendy xxxxx

bluesparkle
10-07-09, 14:13
hi gem
and welcome to nmp :welcome:
you are certainly not alone as you can see... and you will make some great friends here too...
have a really good look around...people are really friendly here so dont be afraid to ask anything...
rach
x

rubynoodles
11-07-09, 12:54
Hi Gem & :birthday:

Just Thought I'd say hello & let you know you are'nt alone, I know exactly how you feel, i'm new to this site too (better go an introduce myself!). Becky x

Patty
12-07-09, 13:29
Hi Gem, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I also have social anxiety & low self-esteem. Feel free to PM me anytime.

I hope that you had a really nice Birthday!! :)

Best wishes :flowers: