PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Back2Me
14-09-05, 01:32
Hello anyone and everyone,

Would like to talk to someone who has experience with 'loss of control' anxiety. I have learned to control my anxiety over the years, however being in a situation where I am without control, draws the worst out of me. Example, being a passenger in a car, or flying.

Thanks.

tany

eeyorelover
14-09-05, 05:13
hi there and welcome
I know that control is a big issue for me. That is probably the thing that scares me the most about having an attack - losing control.I can also go into one when riding a bus or when I am riding in a car and don't know exactly where I am (I have to carry a map with me at all times in order to go anywhere unfamiliar)
I have read alot of the posts here and it does seem like you and I are not alone in this. I have heard alot of people say that control is an issue for them too.
I'm not sure how one can overcome this as I still have an issue with it. But I just thought I would let you know that I too have this problem so you would know that someone else definitely has a problem with this too.

Sandy
(eeyorelover)

Karen
14-09-05, 06:42
Hi Tany

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

kairen
14-09-05, 08:36
Hi Tany,

Welcome to the site, you will get lots of help and support here,

kairen x

vernon
14-09-05, 09:32
hi tony. welcome to the site

Sweep1
14-09-05, 10:21
Hi Tany - a big warm welcome.

Take care

Sweep1

Elaine1
14-09-05, 10:27
Hi Tany

A big welcome. Like you, I'm fairly new to the site. I found it late last week and the advice and friendship I have found has been wonderful.

My issues are with panic attacks and anxiety, but my nature is one where I function best when in routinue and am in control. In recent months I have found it increasingly difficult when even the slightest thing changes, so like you it brings out the worst in me. My children just say mum's getting freaky again or calm down mum!

I'm afraid I don't know the answers, but now that I am beginning to recognise the problem I feel this is the first positive step.

Have you been to your Doc and been put on any medication or perhaps been able to talk your problems through with someone?

Hope this helps a little.

Remember we are all here to support each other!

Good Luck

Elaine

Sax
14-09-05, 10:40
Hi Tany,

A warm welcome to NMP and well done for finding us - I really hope you find the support and advise you are seeking, i'm sure you've come to the right place.

Maybe catch you in chat sometime

Take care

Sax xxxx[8D]

trac67
14-09-05, 11:18
Hi Tany,
Welcome to the forum, you will make a lot of good friends here and get some great advice, if you need a chat pm me anytime.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

jill
14-09-05, 11:45
Hi Tany

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will
help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

Barb
14-09-05, 11:47
Welcome Tany

You will find lots of help and support here, it is an excellant site with lots of caring people

Barb xxx

Meg
14-09-05, 12:30
Hello Tany,

You are certainly not alone. Feeling out of control is one of many of ours biggest concerns, any situation such as being a passenger or being in a formal meeting or even eating food someone else has cooked.

We prefer to trust ourselves than others in the belief that we may be a bit more careful or cautious than the next person and have access to extra information.

In order to overcome this we need to shift our beliefs and start to allow others to take control and build confidence.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

clickaway
14-09-05, 13:54
Hi Tany,

Welcome to the site - there's a lot of support available here.

When I first had counselling and told my story, the phrase 'having no control' came up constantly. Sometimes we have to accept that there are a number of instances where we can't be in control, but there are many other times when we can try and regain control to help us get better.

Be Strong,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

pips
14-09-05, 14:54
Hi Tanny,

I know how you feel i like to be in control when i can to!

A BIG warm welcome to the site i do hope it helps you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

nomorepanic
14-09-05, 16:01
Hi Tany

Welcome aboard the forum.

The out of control issue is all about thoughts in that we feel as though we can't cope cos the control is taken away from us.

It takes times to address these thoughts and accept that even when we aren't in control we are still safe and are in control of ourselves.

What I was told recently was that I don't have control of everything that is going on around me but I do have control over myself and how I feel and it is changing those thoughts to believe in this that will help.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Cinders4
14-09-05, 17:13
Hi Tany, welcome... you sound like a lot of us on here..... Im sure you will get lots of support from the gang!!!!

tracyp584
14-09-05, 18:54
Hey Tany,

Welcome to the site!

Take care,

tracy x x