PDA

View Full Version : am i doing this?

tashbarnes87
10-07-09, 13:40
Hi all. I am still Really struggling with my twitches. My legs seem to pop, gurgle & twitch roughly every 5-10 mins when im sat down. It varys in places frommy bum, thighes, feet & calf i can never pin point it as it happens so quivkly. I cannot stop thinking about it, every second of the day i am waiting for it, seriously today i havent thought about much else. Could the fact that im thinking about it so much & worrying make it worse? I am so scared i have MS :(

2 days ago i started to take magneisum to see if that helps but doesnt look lke it :weep:

sMINT
10-07-09, 17:42
Hi,

You are most certanly right. The same with most health anxiety, you can bring on the feeling of symptoms yourself.

My only advice is maybe try and do something completely different to what you are doing, maybe go for a walk or something which will take your mind of your twitches for a long period of time.

If you still have your twitches maybe go and see a doctor.

But most probably becuase your mind will be preoccupied with something otehr than the worrying over the twitches they will go away.

All the best,
Smint.

tashbarnes87
10-07-09, 19:20
thnk you, i dont want to go to my doctor as he is absolutely useless. I never get the twitches when im busy or doing anything, but then i start relaxing & bam there back :weep:

ForOurFuture
10-07-09, 19:28
Hi

My partner's legs twitch big time. It is usually when he is very tired. They normally twitch when he is resting and they can really jolt! If he is in bed it can rock the bed. Of course you are going to worry about it as you suffer with HA, my advice would be try not to think about it (easier said than done!), but if it does continue then get some help. If you don't like your dr go to another one. See if your practice has a dr with a special interest in mental health.

I really don't think there is anything to worry about.

x