PDA

View Full Version : aarrgh - been so good but found lump in breast...

sahara
10-07-09, 16:16
Well I am so annoyed I have been so good the last three months and then Bam - found a lump in my left breast. Not sure how long its been there, been rushing my self breats exams a bit recently because of being anxious.

I dunno - got an appt at the Drs - but its not until next thursday :scared15:

OMG how on earth am I going to keep it together until then :scared15:

Secondly I have just found out I am 4 weeks pregnant.

Last time I was pregnant I spent the whole pregnancy worrying about my health. I wnat to enjoy this one - but now I am scared my Dr is going to be annoyed or think here we go again and I am scared to mention the lump or the pregnancy - he doesn't know about either.

What am I goign to do? I really don't want to panic all week *sigh*

pollyanna
10-07-09, 18:11
Sahara

firstly congratulations on your pregnancy, and glad you have made the appointment to see your doctor re the lump you have found.

Bearing in mind that you are pregnant, pregnancy and hormones in general can affect a womens breasts and how they feel.

I have amongst other things terrible health anxiety, and although i think its important for everyone to do a monthly breast exam, like you i dread it and scoot over as quick as possible, as i couldnt bear to find anything, i have been to my gp several times over the years, and she is always happy to check me out, its a cause for concern to me sometimes as i tend to have normal lumpy breasts, and apparently it can get worse as you get older, but still nothing to worry about.
I dont think she will be annoyed, after all it is their job, and anyway she will need to see you for your pregnancy care.

Try not too worry, you are taking positive action, and your hormones are going to be all over the place... thats why some women know they are expecting, as sore breasts are their first symptom, see hormones and breast tissue.......
let me know how you get on, will be thinking of you...

best wishes

p x:flowers:

cassy1989
10-07-09, 18:25
Hi Sahara.

I just wanted to say I think the lump in your breast is due to pregnancy hormones. I have heard of this happen to alot of women!

Good for you making an appointment with your doctor though. Atleast they can put your mind at rest.

Enjoy your pregnancy xx

ForOurFuture
10-07-09, 19:37
Congratulations Sahara!

I think your pregnancy could effect your boobs too.

I also rush my breast exam, but I have very lumpy breasts and sometimes think I couldn't feel one anyway so what is the point.

Well done for making an appointment. I know that you have to wait and that is hard but I am sure that it will be fine.

Let us know how you get on.

x

p.s don't let HA get in the way of something that you really want to enjoy x

seeker
10-07-09, 22:36
Lumps in boobs are really common in pregnancy - my friend had one and panicked like you, but it went away when she gave birth (not at the same time - it didn't suddenly ooze out or anything!). Try not to worry, although I know it's hard not to. Did you mention what it was for when you made the appointment?

sahara
11-07-09, 18:29
Thanks everyone. :hugs: The lump seems quite deep in - like near the rib cage than near the surface if that makes any sense. Its about two finger tips side by side long so I dunno how I missed it *sigh*

I have been keeping busy today so not to bad. Its when I lie down at night it goes mad.

Having whatch my Mum die of cancer in November its seems all the more frightening.

I was like this throughout my last pregnancy except it was HIV, cervical cancer and another cancer:doh: and my Dr has been trying to get me to wait a little longer to get pregnant - but well it happened and I don't want him to be thinking here we go again 8 months of me panicking over everything.

I didn't tell the surgery what it was for. I am sure they would have squeezed me in quicker - but with another Dr and I really want to see mine as he knows me so I would rather wait until Thursday. I feel comfortable with him.

I am trying to keep my mind on my little baby growing inside me - I am so excited to give my daughter a little brother or sister :D

Thanks again
Sarah
xxx

amandaj
11-07-09, 20:21
good luck on the pregnancy just think of the babe when it is here.im sure the lump is nothing bad take care
amandaxx