PDA

View Full Version : alcahol & propranolol ?

willz88
10-07-09, 16:45
hey i plan on having a couple of beers tonight but i dont know if i will be okay to drink whilst on propranolol (ive only had 1, that was this morning)

has any1 on here drunk whilst on these?

anymore info would be nice thank you :)

willz88
10-07-09, 19:14
can some1 reply pls? thank uuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

valleybear
15-07-09, 20:56
I take propanalol and drink on occasion....always have done. you could always ask advice at chemist/doctors, but they are more likely to say don't. Can only say that a few drinks now and then have never had any adverse effects on me to my knowledge.

shelldavis
16-08-09, 14:23
I've never had any problems with mixing drink with propanalol but i supose everyone is different, only thing i find is i tend to have abit of a restless night after..just take it easy dont go overboard...

mel07
16-08-09, 17:20
I was on 80mg a day of propranolol and still had the odd drink. My GP said it was fine so long as you didnt overdo it on a regular basis. Dont remember having any probs.

Mel x

livukgc
29-09-09, 18:22
hey i plan on having a couple of beers tonight but i dont know if i will be okay to drink whilst on propranolol (ive only had 1, that was this morning)

has any1 on here drunk whilst on these?

anymore info would be nice thank you :)

you'll b ok m8...

Andromeda
24-10-09, 06:15
when i first started taking it i used to carry on drinking as normal , and i can say that the day after the night before was 100 x worse than normal , my anxiety would be sky high .
so i made the decision to give up the drink (being a student this was sooooooooo difficult to do) but i have done . almost 2 months now without a drink ! and i feel much better for it .
One or two drinks was okay to calm the nerves - as long as you don't think about your heart rate , my problem was i was getting anxious about the effects the alcohol would have on my heart rate - the 'what if's' and causing myself anxiety !

Saffas
16-06-10, 10:06
I would advise not having a drink for the first 2 months of being on propanolol. Let your body get used to the meds and then drink in moderation. @Andromeda I know exactly what you mean about worrying about your heart rate. Even if I had one drink I would be panicking that my heart rate would cause some sort of devastation (which of course it wont!).