PDA

View Full Version : WHAT A LIE

mirry
14-09-05, 11:44
Hi everyone,

Today i went for the first time to see a counsillor about my Panic disorder, she was really really nice and got to the root of my problems in one session.
I like her alot and feel we can work together.
Basically she told me my underlying problem is I see the world as a very dangerous place.
In my life I have been attacked from behind twice and I have a problem with people who i do not know well in all sorts of situations.
SHOPS = people queing behind me (ready to attack?)
cars = people in cars all around me (ready to attack?)
Empty streets = No one to help me (when i get attacked?)

She told me my brain has stored all the awfull events in my life to protect me but its telling me LIES.
Its telling me when i go into a shop its dangerous..... A BIG LIE!

I HAVE TO START NOT TRUSTING MY SUBCONCIOUS MIND NOT THE SHOPPING SITUATIONS OR DRIVING ECT.
I AM TOLD EVERY TIME I HAVE A PANIC ATTACK I HAVE TO TELL MY SUBCONCIOUS MIND,
"YOU ARE TELLING ME LIES"
she told me this can work very well along with the breathing techniques.

mirryx

Meg
14-09-05, 12:33
Yes Mirry - she is absolutely right ...

I hope your sessions go well and you learn from her and make great progress.

You might want to look into some positive mantras too to assist your retraining of your subconcious.

Mico did a great thread not long ago.. I'll try to dig it out for you

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

seh1980
14-09-05, 12:42
Glad to hear that the session was successful. Hope you get a lot out of working with her :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

jill
14-09-05, 12:47
Hi Mirry

Happy to hear that you feel you and your counillor can word together, this is great news.
After finding this site I learned that after my first PA my mind was programmed very quickly to fear it and all the symptoms that came with it. I was in fear 24/7. I had nothing going on in my life that was keeping the Pa's, anixety going apart from I feard it all :(
This site tought me like your counsillor is teaching you, to change my thuoughts towards what my subconcious mind was telling me.[^]
It takes alot of hard work support and time but is DOES work.
I have been panic free and high anxiety free for a long time now.
I still have a few things to work on, one is my confidance thats why I don't reply much to post, but I'm working on that.

Good luck Mirry and keep fighting, you WILL win in the end.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

"Changing you negative beliefs is the first step in the
transformation process that will really make a difference in your life."

pips
14-09-05, 15:16
Hi Mirry,

Well Done you did so well and yes she is right your mind is tricking you it believing false statements.

I'm glad the session went well,

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

nomorepanic
14-09-05, 16:12
Mirry

Great news that you have found someone you like to work with.

What you are doing is telling your brain that as soon as it goes into the flight or fight situation that you need to reasess and decide whether it really is something that you need to run away from. Most of the time it isn't - shopping can't really hurt you but you think it can etc.

Try to replace those thoughts with something positive and reassuring and not necessary telling yourself that it is simply lying.

Replace the thoughts with positive statements and soon you will start to believe them over the negative stuff.

Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

trac67
14-09-05, 16:46
Hi Mirry,
just wanted to say im glad your getting the help now and good luck with it, think positive you will be fine.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

Karen
14-09-05, 16:58
Hi Mirry

Glad to hear you got on so well with the counsellor and found what she said made so much sense to you. Hopefully you will be able to put her coping strategies into place to help you overcome this.

As you start slowly staying in those situations where you experience panic attacks, the panic subsides and your unconscious brain learns that it is a false alarm and there is no real danger.

Keep up the good work.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

mirry
14-09-05, 17:24
Great replys again from really understanding people:D

I forgot to mention i have to keep a diary grading my panic
0-10 and in what situation.
I am on antibiotics again for my saliva gland which is UP, cant help but focus and worry about whats wrong with me,its been 3 days on them and so far i still hurting and gland still up , its a 7 day course and if they dont work i have to go for investigations.....i am really scared and its making me feel panic[V]

If this was my husband he wouldnt think twice about it but i am made different, i worry sick. Im afraid ive looked up INFORMATION on this gland on the internet and frightened myself BIG TIME, it said it has the highest rate of malignancy of all the glands .......feeling so worried and wish i hadnt looked.
WILL I EVER LEARN ?

mirryx