PDA

View Full Version : Life seems over..

Nikky
10-07-09, 23:21
I'm 41 years old, mother of three beautiful kids. I'm living with an abusive husband. He's a control freak. He takes all the money I earn, he is aggressive, violent. He has no respect for me, and insults me in front of my children.
I come from a country that has no rules to protect women.
I lived in a war zone. I have been close to death many times. I have seen our apartment destroyed, my car burned. We have to run away many times, ad had to sleep in Churches or in the streets.
I have bee sexually abused more than once. I had a fear of Men in general because of that, until I met my husband. He looked so different and I fell in love with him. He was the first ad only love of my life.
I have been treated for depression and anxiety since i am 13 years old.
I have been admitted twice to psychiatric hospital.
My mother died of cancer in the colon 5 years ago. It was the hardest experience.
Yesterday, doctor informed us that my Dad has cancer of the colon.
I can't go through it again, No, no way, i won't

nomorepanic
10-07-09, 23:36
Ok so you need to make changes in your life and get away.

Hard for us to advise but you know what you need to do,

chantelle
10-07-09, 23:56
I am also a 41 year old mother with four beautiful children. Although we are in different circumstances (I am happily married to a great husband and father) we are both suffering fro depression and anxiety. There have been times when I have felt like you - that life is not worth living but then I look at my children and I find the strength to continue and you will too.
Thinking of you and take care
Chantelle