PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Parfait757
11-07-09, 03:27
Hi everyone,
I am 28 years old. I have a beautiful 2 year old daughter and a great husband. I am a Graduate PhD student, hopefully I have 2 more years left until I finish.
I suffer from panic attacks nearly every day. My attacks are mostly centered around my heart health. I always worry that something is wrong with it. I can barely workout anymore (something I used to love...I was very fit) I force myself to workout...some days I can push through and finish a session with minimal panic (still never able to workout as hard as I would like). I have had many test done ECG, Stress echo, Echo, blood work, etc...and everything looks great. but I still worry. Also, I get crazy head pressure when I get upset or nervous about something which then causes me to worry and panic as well. I get the dreamy unrealistic feeling a lot through out the day and when exercising which makes the panic worse.

I hope to learn about others stories so that I can see that I am not the only one feeling so strange.

Patty
14-07-09, 00:10
Hi Parfait, :hugs:

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers:

Veronica H
14-07-09, 07:39
:welcome: to NMP. Glad that you have found us Parfait.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'self help for your nerves', published by Thorsons. This is available from the NMP Shop. Her work can also be downloaded free to your MP3 from the shop. I can not recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. There is so much useful information at the side of this page too. This will get better.

Veronica