PDA

View Full Version : hi im new

omh
09-01-04, 00:31
just wanted to say hi,
im new and its nice to hear im not the only one suffering from panic attack/adrenaline rushes. though not nice for anyone to suffer is it:(
i take doxepin/sinequan as my doc thinks im suffering from depression, but ive had panic attacks before i started taking it, and they have started again now. now if i hear of someone dying on tv, in soaps etc it starts me off. so now cant watch several of my fave tv programs.
wonder if i should go back to my doctor and get it increased? he started me on a very low dose, and i have gone up one stage to 50mg now. he aims for me to go up again to about 100mg. first off i was put on prozac but it had a very bad reaction to me (or me to it! lol) and made me violently sick etc.

also was wondering if any medical conditions such as diabetes could be causing it?
ive just had to do a wee and poo sample for the docs[:I] but am yet to find out results.

i dont know why i suddenly started to suffer from depression/ panic attacks but wonder if it could be delayed post traumatic stress? but the inccident where i was shot happened 10 years ago now. surely it wouldnt come out that late?

anyhow sorry to whinge, it helps me to get it off my chest
: cuddle : to all of you.

Matt
09-01-04, 00:34
Hi omh

Welcome to the forum!:) Hope you start to feel a bit better soon!! I'm sure you will find the site helpful:)

Take it easy matey!!

matt

nomorepanic
09-01-04, 00:56
Hi OMH

Sounds like you are having a bit of a bad time of things if you are unable to watch tv cos of the illness. When I was really bad - 10 years ago there was a lot going on in my life and my dad died too (not the cause of my panics though) and I remember watching TV and everyone seemed to be dying on it!! It made me worse. I watched all the soaps at the time but everyone was dying so I had to stop - lol.

I would have thought that the shooting incident was not related cos 10 years is a long time for it to come out. Sometimes we just don't know why they started - I don't!

Take some time to read the posts in here and you will find out how much info is here. We will always help you all we can!

Nicola

diana
09-01-04, 02:59
Hiya OMH,

Welcome to our family here. You will find loads of help and support here, we all care about one another. Sorry to hear you are having a rough go at it right now. I hope you will find something here that strikes a cord with you and works. Just know you are not alone, we have all been there and most of us still struggling as you are. I know together we can beat this thing. Do keep posting to let us know how you are doing. Good luck in finding a technique here that suits you.

Take care,

Diana

omh
09-01-04, 10:45
thanks guys for the lovely welcome :)

benoo5
09-01-04, 16:57
hi omh,

welcome to our little haven

i dont think anyone knows exactly,why panic attacks some people,and not others,personally i think the root cause is anxiety.

i had a dose of PTSD,after the paddington train crash,four years ago,we were all offered therapy,but being a pig headed man,i refused..hense i suffered severe flashbacks,which luckilly have died down,over the last couple of years.

my problem was,that i refused to talk about it..i had three daughters at home,who,having seen the tragedy on television,wanted to talk about it,but i clammed up,i tried to put it out of my mind.

it was only a year later,when i was talking to a chinese doctor,in the rest room,that he said to me....get an a4 pad,and write down everything you can remember,about that day (i wont go into details),then he said,when youve finished writing,close your eyes and imagine,that your back there,and its happening again...now,open your eyes and start writing again...do this as often as you feel anxious about the memory,just write...within a few days,i found,i could open up,and start talking about it.

maybe,just maybe my friend,this could be the underlying reason,for your problems..best wishes..bryan.

diana
09-01-04, 18:40
Hiya Bryan,

Very good post. Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great technique. I may try this myself. Of course mine will be for several different situations, as I am not sure exactly what brings mine on to just focus on one thing. LOL..... :)

Take care all,

Diana xxxxx

Buby
10-01-04, 00:30
hi OMH

what does OMH stand for? it a strange name, no affence.
anyway welcome to our little....i mean massive circle of friends. dont be shy to talk about anything. we're always here for you.
keep posting
hugs ratchit aka rachel

Buby
10-01-04, 00:36
hi again omh.
just wanted to know, if, when you were shot did it get you or was you just missed. dont answer if you dont want to or you dont feel you can. i was just reading your post and thought that if you were shot how amazingly good for you that you're coping with it, even if it is 10 years ago.
i have had my panic attacks for 10 years. lets just hope you dont have yours for that longs.
sorry if it sounds a bit....feelingless, i do feel for you i just didnt word it properly.
anyway, keep posting
hugs ratchit aka rachel

omh
10-01-04, 16:35
Ratchit i was shot on purpose by a total idiot in the face and very luckily just missed my eye. all i was doing was cycling past his house. he got off with a £60 fine

Buby
10-01-04, 16:42
£60 fine does not make it alright. he should of got atleast a jail sentence for just having a gun and using it, but when it actually got someone, he should have gone down. you were so lucky not to get it in the eye. i hope you stand tall for what you believe in.
all the best.
ratchit

nomorepanic
10-01-04, 17:39
OMH

Wow - that is not good is it - what a bizarre world we live in eh, when people get fun out of shooting people.

Where was this?

Nicola

diana
10-01-04, 22:32
WOW!!!!! OMH,

That is incredible, what an idiot!!!!! We recently had a youngster about 14 or 15 years old, shoot at a school bus full of children, and a car. Right from his front porch he did this with NO remorse what so ever. The car driver and school bus happened past his house like you were. How terrible. I do hope all is well with those injuries you endured. Take care dear friend. Keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Diana

omh
13-01-04, 01:10
thanks everyone you are all so kind.
(( cuddle ))

diana
13-01-04, 19:49
Oh OMH,

No problem, hope you are feeling a bit better now. Do post to let us know how you are getting along.

Take care, Love Diana xxxxx