PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get this? Or anything like this?

Emaa
11-07-09, 05:02
Recently, my legs have been getting weird 'popping' or twitching feelings in them. Sometimes it even feels like the muscle is vibrating! It's nearly always my left leg, but sometimes I get it very very slight in my right.

I've looked into it a bit, and I found somewhere that says anxiety can cause this? Has anyone else experienced it or anything similar? If so can you describe it? I think it'll put my mind at ease knowing it IS just a nasty anxiety symptom and other people have it too.

Sometimes I get pain in my left thigh and toes too, but mainly on an evening/night.

Obviously I presumed the worst and thought I had a blood clot. But there's no tenderness, it's not hot or anything, doesn't feel tight.. There's no bruises. There's a patch of swelling just above my knee on my left leg. But I think that's due to the hot weather and water retention.

Please someone else say they get this lol and it's not just me!x

Jaco45er
11-07-09, 08:03
Hiya Emaa

I get something like it, I think. It's like a nerve that goes off on it's own accord like a fast twitch. I get it in my leg, sometimes arm and even my chest.

I have had it for years and at the time (after panicking about it ;)) I read somewhere it's another anxiety symptom, annoying but harmless.

TC

Jaco

lise864
11-07-09, 08:49
Hey Emaa. I get 'twitching' muscles in my calves sometimes, usually my left and at night (just like you!). It makes me feel all squeamish! I'm not really sure what causes it (anxiety? tiredness? caffeine?), but strangely it's one of the things I don't worry about too much. :)

Emaa
12-07-09, 01:22
Ahh after you replied I managed to calm down a bit, but I'm panicking again now! I'm so scared it's a blood clot.

Could a blood clot actually cause twitching? Something's got to be causing it! It's really scaring me.

It happens more when I'm sat down or lying down rather than when I'm moving about. I'm scared now b/c I posted a question on yahooanswers and the top response was 'clot' just one word.. The second was telling me to get someone to watch my baby whilst I go to A&E and telling me about PE. The third was telling me to keep it elivated and blah blah and go to A&E.

So now I'm completely freaking out >_<

drchic
12-07-09, 01:34
It could be RLS, or Restless Leg Syndrome. I was diagnosed with it after a sleep study. It's a creepy, crawly feeling, like I have to move my leg/legs to relieve it. I''m on Requip and it's helped 99%!

Take care,
drchic

Emaa
12-07-09, 02:15
Yeah I've looked into RLS but I don't get the need to move my legs about to relieve it.

could it still be that?

vtguy
12-07-09, 04:58
I also have something similar to this but it happens in my neck and chest. I'm guessing it just because of anxiety, but sometimes it's a little spooky!

looking4answers
13-07-09, 08:05
Most of the time this is just caused by tension and relaxing of muscles that have been tense all day. It happens to me in every part of my body. I have it on my face sometimes, my lips, my legs , sometimes even an electric feeling in my chest.

I have had it every since I can remember and well..Im 54 so im pretty sure its nothing...Take care

tashbarnes87
13-07-09, 09:14
i too am suffering from constant twitches mainly in my legs like 5-10 an hour! i can some times see it happening n the skin. I too am very scared but the only thing that keeps me sane is that i barely notice it when im busy or out its only when resting. i get pops, twitches & jerks its horrible

have a look at this thread- a lot of people have it with anxiety

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=51836