PDA

View Full Version : totally freaking out

den68
11-07-09, 10:59
im totally freaking out. Saw neuroligist few months ago and had mri for strange things going on. Funny vision, numbness, pains in head etc. A month a go my gp saud he had got results and everything was fine. So when i have been getting all the symptoms i have said to myself its all ok scan was clear and then today i have a letter from hospital informing me i need to ring them as soon as i get this letter as i need to make a urgent appointmant to see neuroligist urgent was underlined. Now i am totally freaked ,panic attack, and all the numbness etc is giving me the works. I dont know if its anxiety causing numbness or have they found something. Dont know what to do totally terrified any advice any one
denise:scared15:

nomorepanic
11-07-09, 11:03
Stay calm, ring them up and arrange an appointment.

Then you will know!

den68
11-07-09, 11:06
i have tried to ring but there is no one there untill monday so going to worry all weekend

Trish
11-07-09, 11:13
Denise i'm so sorry your anxiety levels are through the roof i'd be the same. That is very poor management on the hospital side sending you a letter like that, that would turn up on a weekend:mad:

I don't have any explaination as to why they would send your doctor a report saying everything is fine and then you receive this letter.

I think what i would do is go to A&E and ask a doctor there about it...i'm not saying they would be helpful but if they see what state your in, they may be able to look up your details on the computer and put your mind at rest.

The NHS hospitals have there faults and do make mistakes and send someone elses letter to the wrong person...this has happened to both myself and my husband...I had someone else details for a Choose & Book Appt, she was having the same 'op' that i just had!!

I hope everything goes well for you hun, we are all here for you.

Sending you big hugs:hugs:

Trixie
11-07-09, 13:20
im totally freaking out. Saw neurologist few months ago and had mri for strange things going on. Funny vision, numbness, pains in head etc. A month a go my gp said he had got results and everything was fine. So when i have been getting all the symptoms i have said to myself its all ok scan was clear and then today i have a letter from hospital informing me i need to ring them as soon as i get this letter as i need to make a urgent appointment to see neurologist urgent was underlined. Now i am totally freaked ,panic attack, and all the numbness etc is giving me the works. I dont know if its anxiety causing numbness or have they found something. Dont know what to do totally terrified any advice any one
denise:scared15:

I cannot understand why if it was so urget the neurologist didn't send you an appointment earlier and also the GP said the results were fine so........:shrug:

den68
11-07-09, 13:45
thanks for your replies its really really appreciated
calmed down abit now. Have been thinking perhaps its a mistaske and the letter should be for someone else. Im just going to try and ignore the symptoms and put them down to anxiety as i have since i was told scan was clear untill i get intouch with the hospital monday plus if it was something really serious they would have rang me surely. :)
Denise

Trixie
11-07-09, 14:21
thanks for your replies its really really appreciated
calmed down abit now. Have been thinking perhaps its a mistake and the letter should be for someone else. Im just going to try and ignore the symptoms and put them down to anxiety as i have since i was told scan was clear until i get intouch with the hospital monday plus if it was something really serious they would have rang me surely. :)
Denise

And they would have mentioned it earlier.