PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get this weird feeling?...

Pinkpoison223
11-07-09, 11:05
Whenever I am really anxious I get this weird out of body feeling. It feels exactly like my soul is leaving my body and it truly terrifies me. Can anyone else relate? :weep:

It makes your hands feel all tingly and you feel as if you are going to drift off into space, and it feels like you are not getting enough air. It makes me feel all heavy one second and then light as a feather the next. It is really my worse symptom besides DP/DR.

valleybear
11-07-09, 12:39
You mean like your tummy/chest turns over and it feels like something essential is trying to get out?? Not sure exactly what you mean without description, but this feeling of emptiness in the chest area is a part of my panic attacks, but have never thought of it in depth before. Xx

Pinkpoison223
11-07-09, 12:56
You mean like your tummy/chest turns over and it feels like something essential is trying to get out?? Not sure exactly what you mean without description, but this feeling of emptiness in the chest area is a part of my panic attacks, but have never thought of it in depth before. Xx

Yeah, pretty much exactly like you described. It's an icky feeling :doh:

russell
11-07-09, 22:47
yes thats exactly what its like - your stomach lurches as though something awful is about to happen - but if i try and distract myself - i can get rid of it

NoPoet
11-07-09, 23:25
It's possible that you could be suffering from depersonalisation or derealisation which are common indicators that you are stressed or anxious. It's when your mind "retreats" slightly to distance itself from whatever is upsetting you. This is a natural defence and is completely normal.

Or it could just be a panic attack or a flutter of anxiety, or even a momentary (and most likely normal) fluctuation in your blood pressure.