PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

Simon23
14-09-05, 17:46
Hey, I thought i would sign up to this site as i suffer from feelings that everything is very unreal and am always worried or stressed about everyday things and can never fully relax. I am also very self aware of everything and can become very obsessive about things such as time and various stupid things. I was always shy as i grew up and always turned red when attention was centred on me. This problem is still very much with me and always playing on my mind. I have tried to hide these feelings by drinking and generally staying busy which does work to a certain extent but now i want to face up to my problems and maybe it would be nice to speak to somoene who faces similar problems,
Simon.

Meg
14-09-05, 18:05
Hi Simon

Welcome...

I'm sure Vern will be along in a bit and share his alcohol experiences with anxiety with you.

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

alcohol and panic-do they mix? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2409)
Alcohol (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4783)
Anxiety and alcohol (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5142)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

jill
14-09-05, 18:41
Hi Simon

WELCOME TO THE SITE
There are lots of nice people here who
will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

hunny
14-09-05, 18:47
Hi Simon

Welcome
There are lots of great people on this site.Im sure you will find it useful
Love Hunny x

tracyp584
14-09-05, 18:53
Hey Simon,

Welcome to the site!

Take care,

tracy x x

Barb
14-09-05, 19:06
Hi Simon

A big warm welcome , you have come to the right place for help and support, there is plenty of it here

Barb xx

desperate
14-09-05, 19:06
Hi Simon,

Good luck in addressing your problems, I hope the forum helps you!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression

Karen
14-09-05, 20:01
Hi Simon

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

trac67
14-09-05, 20:20
Hi Simon,
Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice and make a lot of good friends here.
Take care
Trac xx

its "just a thought"

nomorepanic
14-09-05, 20:49
Simon

Welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can be of some help to you on here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

tammyg
14-09-05, 21:10
Hi and welcome!

It is good that you are ready to face your problems, you will get lots of support here.

Tam x

rozza
14-09-05, 21:32
Welcome to the site dude, the best thing about this place is that everyone has had experiences and makes you feel less alone.

Have you seen your GP or anything about the anxiety?

Roz x

'All I want is to be normally insane' Marlon Brando

curlybird
14-09-05, 22:05
Hi Simon :D

I did the same as you on the 'drinking and keeping busy' thing. I'd had enough in the end though and my body was telling me to stop and get help. Thats when I ended up on this site. I've found loads of new friends and plenty of advice, which is helping me through this difficult period...

I hope it touches you in the same way.

Take care - speak soon
Curly XX

vernon
14-09-05, 22:51
Welcome simon, hope you get the help you need. take care

pinkscrumpy
14-09-05, 23:14
Welcome to the site Simon. Hope it helps

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

Sue K with 5
15-09-05, 01:52
Welcome Simon

the forum is brilliant and it also has a good chat room if you ever feel the need for a chat, we all have similar experiences and there is always some good advise to hand

Take care

Sue with 5

scknight

seh1980
15-09-05, 10:39
Welcome aboard!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

sueiamnew
15-09-05, 17:58
Welcome Simon.